Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
afterwards answer appeared argument attack Bishop Bishop Warburton Bolingbroke Book of Job burton called censure character Charles Yorke Christian Church Cicero civil critic Crousaz crown 8vo death Divine Legation doctrine Dunciad edition emendations Eminent Prelate Epistle Essay expressed favour give Hanmer hath History honour Hurd Hurd's Jews Jortin Julian Kilvert's learned letter Lincoln's Inn literary Lord Lordship Lowth ment Middleton moral Moses Mysteries nature never Nichols's Lit notice notion obliged observed occasion opinion pamphlet passage person Philip Nichols poet Pope Pope's Post 8vo Preface Prior Park published reader reason regard religion remarks replied ridicule says sense sermon Shakspeare Sherlock Sir Thomas Sir Thomas Hanmer speak supposed tell Theobald theocracy things thought tion translated truth Virgil virtue volume Warbur Warburton William Warburton Woodcuts words writing wrote Zachary Grey
159. oldal - God loves from Whole to Parts: but human soul Must rise from Individual to the Whole. Self-love but serves the virtuous mind to wake, As the small pebble stirs the peaceful lake; The centre mov'd, a circle straight succeeds, Another still, and still another spreads; Friend, parent, neighbour, first it will embrace; His country next; and next all human race; Wide and more wide, th...
22. oldal - Methinks I see in my mind a noble and puissant nation rousing herself like a strong man after sleep, and shaking her invincible locks: methinks I see her as an eagle mewing her mighty youth, and kindling her undazzled eyes at the full mid-day beam...
89. oldal - Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth ; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes : but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
684. oldal - The Family Shakspeare ; in which nothing is added to the Original Text ; but those words and expressions are omitted which cannot with propriety be read aloud.
686. oldal - Willich's Popular Tables for Ascertaining the Value of Lifehold, Leasehold, and Church Property, Renewal Fines, &c, ; the Public Funds ; Annual Average Price and Interest on Consols from 1731 to 1861 ; Chemical, Geographical, Astronomical, Trigonometrical Tables, &c.
352. oldal - And thus an end was put to this sedition. " [Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man ; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ.
163. oldal - ... you have made my system as clear as I ought to have done, and could not. It is indeed the same system as mine, but illustrated with a ray of your own, as they say our natural body is the same still when it is glorified 4.
155. oldal - Where grows ? — where grows it not? If vain our toil, We ought to blame the culture, not the soil...