Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
History of the Town of Hamden, Connecticut: With an Account of the ...
William Phipps Blake
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
amount Andrew appears arms Atwater Bassett Bradley Bristol building built called Carmel Charles chosen church Connecticut Cooper cotton daughter Dickerman died direction early East established farm father feet five flag Ford four George Gilbert give Goodyear Haven held Henry Hill interest invention Isaac Ives James Jared Jesse Joel John Joseph July June known labor land List living machine manufacture March Mary meeting miles Mill Munson October officers original pastor persons Plain Potter present received records resident River road Rock Samuel Selectmen Session side Simeon Society spring Stephen Thomas Timothy tion town of Hamden Tuttle United Voted Warner Whitney wife wood
267. oldal - Would I describe a preacher, such as Paul, Were he on earth, would hear, approve, and own — Paul should himself direct me. I would trace His master strokes, and draw from his design.
34. oldal - Liberty first and Union afterward," but everywhere, spread all over in characters of living light, blazing on all its ample folds, as they float over the sea and over the land, and in every wind under the whole heavens, that other sentiment, dear to every true American heart — "Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable.
267. oldal - Himself, as conscious of his awful charge, And anxious mainly that the flock he feeds May feel it too; affectionate in look, And tender in address, as well becomes A messenger of grace to guilty men.
31. oldal - Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming. Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
125. oldal - The object at which he aimed, and which he fully accomplished, was to make the same parts of different guns, as the locks, for example, as much like each other as the successive impressions of a copper-plate engraving.
171. oldal - Every parent or other person having control of a child over seven and under sixteen years of age shall cause such child to attend a public day school regularly during the hours and terms the public school in the district wherein such child resides is in session...
270. oldal - I venerate the man whose heart is warm, Whose hands are pure, whose doctrine and whose life, Coincident, exhibit lucid proof That he is honest in the sacred cause.
35. oldal - Flag of the free heart's hope and home, By angel hands to valor given ! Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all thy hues were born in heaven. Forever float that standard sheet ! Where breathes the foe but falls before us, With Freedom's soil beneath our feet, And Freedom's banner streaming o'er us ! JOSEPH RODMAN DRAKE.
347. oldal - Laser Print natural white, a 60 # book weight acid-free archival paper which meets the requirements of ANSI/NISO Z39.48-1992 (permanence of paper) Preservation photocopying and binding by Acme Bookbinding Charlestown, Massachusetts CD 1995 The borrower must return this item on or before the last date stamped below.