Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The People of China: Their History, Court, Religion, Government ... to Which ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according ages ancient appear become called Canton carried ceremony chamber character China Chinese Christian classes common Confucius considered consists court custom death divided duties dynasty earth effect emperor empire English equal established European evil existed fact followed foreign four frequently give hand head heart heaven Hence honour human hundred imperial importance kind knowledge labour land language learned leaves living looked mandarins manner means ment mind native nature object observed officers palace pass perform period persons possess present priests princes principle proved provinces punishment rank received reign relations religion remain remarkable rendered represented river rule sacred says seems sent serve side silk sometimes spirit successful Tartars temples things throne tion trade various whole worship writing
336. oldal - One song employs all nations, and all cry, ' Worthy the Lamb, for he was slain for us ! ' The dwellers in the vales and on the rocks Shout to each other, and the mountain tops From distant mountains catch the flying joy : Till nation after nation taught the strain, Earth rolls the rapturous Hosanna round.
200. oldal - Now stir the fire, and close the shutters fast, Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round, And while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn Throws up a steamy column, and the cups, That cheer but not inebriate, wait on each, So let us welcome peaceful evening in.
92. oldal - By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
334. oldal - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
280. oldal - Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low : and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together ; for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
153. oldal - The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup : thou maintainest my lot.
336. oldal - See Salem built, the labour of a God ! Bright as a sun the sacred city shines ; All kingdoms and all princes of the earth Flock to that light ; the glory of all lands Flows into her ; unbounded is her joy, And endless her increase. Thy rams are there, Nebaioth, and the flocks of Kedar there ; * The looms of Ormus, and the mines of Ind, And Saba's spicy groves, pay tribute there. Praise is in all her gates : upon her walls, And in her streets, and in her spacious...
130. oldal - When ye encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads, until ye have made a great slaughter among them; and bind them in bonds- and either give them a free dismission afterwards, or exact a ransom; until the war shall have laid down its arms.
201. oldal - Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire : your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers. And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
277. oldal - To associate all the branches of mankind; And if a boundless plenty be the robe, Trade is the golden girdle of the globe. Wise to promote whatever end he means, God opens fruitful nature's various scenes: Each climate needs what other climes produce, And offers something to the general use; No land but listens to the common call, And in return receives supply from all.