A Practical Exposition of the Gospel According to St. Matthew in the Form of Lectures: Intended to Assist the Practice of Domestic Instruction and Devotion
J. Hatchard, 1847 - 573 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Practical Exposition of the Gospel According to St. Matthew: In the Form ...
John Bird Sumner
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Acts answered apostles appear bear behold believe blessed blood body bring brought called cast cause Christ Christian coming command concerning David death deliver desire disciples earth enter eternal evil example expect eyes faith Father fear feel flesh follow fruit give given glory gospel grace hand hath hear heard heart heaven Holy honour Jesus Jews John judge judgment king kingdom kingdom of heaven LECTURE light live look Lord Luke MATT mind multitude nature never parable pass Paul peace Peter Pharisees prayer prepared present priests promise prophet reason receive repentance righteousness saith sake say unto Scripture seek seen sent servant sins soul speak spirit suffer thee things thou thought took truth turn warning whole
561. oldal - Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
419. oldal - But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 26 But it shall not be so among you : but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant : 28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
509. oldal - Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: and I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth : lo, there thou hast that is thine.
37. oldal - And his fame went throughout all Syria : and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatic, and those that had the palsy ; and he healed them.
229. oldal - And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
268. oldal - Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there : and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
475. oldal - Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes : and some of them ye shall kill and crucify ; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city...
493. oldal - But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.