Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears appointed asserted attempts attended authority became bishop body brought called catholic cause century Chap CHAPTER character charge Charles Christ Christian church circumstances clergy congregations considered continued council court death denomination dissenters divine doctrine ecclesiastical effect emperor enemies England error establishment event faith father favour fear followers former friends gave gospel grand hand head holy honour increase Italy Jesus John king labours laid learning length lives Lord Luther maintained matter means measures ment mind ministers object obtained papal party passed pastor period persecution person pope preaching present prevailed prince principles produced profession protestant proved received reformation reign religion rendered Roman Rome sacred society soon spirit spread stand success suffered things tion true truth whole writings
33. oldal - Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation : 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to-day, and for ever.
30. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
22. oldal - And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
509. oldal - Calvin, they will rather die than embrace it. And the Calvinists, you see, stick fast where they were left by that great man of God, who yet saw not all things.
21. oldal - And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
508. oldal - I cannot sufficiently bewail the condition of the reformed Churches, who are come to a period in religion, and will go at present no further than the instruments of their reformation.
512. oldal - Having undertaken, for the glory of God and advancement of the Christian faith and honor of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia, do by these presents, solemnly and mutually, in the presence of God, and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid...
298. oldal - God, without the merit of Jesus Christ ; that the old law of Christ was soon to be abolished, and that a new law, enjoining the baptism of blood, to be administered by whipping, was to be substituted in its place.
262. oldal - Marriage was celebrated in the churchyards;** and that every action in life might bear the marks of this dreadful situation, the people were prohibited the use of meat, as in Lent, or times of the highest penance; were debarred from all pleasures and entertainments; and were forbidden even to salute each other, or so much as to shave their beards, and give any decent attention to their person and apparel.