Six Letters to Granville Sharp ...: Respecting His Remarks on the Uses of the Definitive Article, in the Greek Text of the New Testament
F. & C. Rivington, 1802 - 155 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
20v Iarov Alcuin Alexandrinus Ambrose Anastasius Sinaita Aoyov Apostolus Arian Arianos Athanasius aut avarus aut immundus autem avrov avtov awango Beov Beow Christum Chrysostom Commentary Deum Deus Edit Epistles Epistolas exei Father Fidei Filius Geov Greek Greek language habet hæreditatem hæreditatem in regno Homily Iarov Iarov Xglazov Iazov ideo idolorum servitus Ingov interpretation Izzov Joannes Justin Martyr Latin Lucifer Calaritanus magni Marius Mercator Oecumenius Ogou ºrgo Osov zi ovº ºwv ºwy Paris passage Patr Patrum Psalm quia quod est idolorum quod omnis fornicator quoted Rabanus Maurus regno Christi regnum Salvatoris Saviour Scholia secundum gratiam Sedulius testimony Theodoret Theophylact Toug Tºv Tov Beow Tov Osov transcribe Twº verse vios viov waſ words Xgiarov Xglazov xvglov yºg
130. oldal - XMI ra-rr.p, (2 Pet. i. 1. ;) while in no single case, have I seen, where the sense could be determined, any one of them used...
63. oldal - ... the glory of the great God, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to himself a people to be his own, zealous in good works.
2. oldal - The first step was, to determine to make an actual comparison of your theory with the volume of the New Testament. ."* But, at the same time, it 'occurred to me, that I should probably find some at least of those texts, the translation of which you had called in question, cited and explained by the Greek Fathers; not indeed as instances of any particular rule, but expounded by them naturally as men would understand any other form of expression in their native language.
88. oldal - Paul's words, strictly agree, unless perhaps in two poor exceptions," (Hilary and Pelagius, but the last is doubtful, and it is almost certain that Hilary did not understand Greek,) " with the uniform voice of the Greek interpreters : so that it is the more to be regretted and wondered at, that our English translators should have deprived us of that interpretation which was the only one ever preached in all the ancient churches.
136. oldal - In quo etiam oramus semper pro vobis; ut dignetur vos vocatione sua Deus noster , et impleat omnem voluntatem bonitatis, et opus fidei in virtute, 12.
22. oldal - Dei. Utrumnam aliud regnum Christi sit, et aliud Dei: an idem regnum sit Patris et Filii. Et si quidem dixisset, in regno Filii et Patris, per Filium veniremus ad Patrem: et licet esset diversitas personarum, tamen esset regnantium una majestas; nunc vero quum dixerit, in regno Christi et Dei, ipsum Deum et Christum (the God Christ) intelligamus: quia et quum tradiderit regnum Deo et Patri, non erit Pater omnia in omnibus, sed Deus omnia in omnibus. Ubi autem Deus est, tarn Pater quam Filius intelligi...