The Life of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: Containing a Full Accurate and Universal History, from His Taking Upon Himself Our Nature, to His Crucifixion, Resurrection, and Ascension: Together with the Lives, Transactions, and Sufferings of His Holy Evangelists, Apostles and Other Primitive Martyrs: to which is Added the History of the Jews
N. Whiting, 1831 - 608 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Almighty answered apostles appeared asked behold believe blessed Jesus blessed Saviour body brought called cause character Christ Christian church command concerning considered continued convinced dead death delivered desired disciples divine doctrine earth effect enemies entered eternal evidence expected faith Father gave give given glory Gospel hand happiness hath hear heart heaven holy honor human immediately Jerusalem Jews John kind king kingdom lives Lord Luke mankind manner Master Matt means Messiah mind miracles Moses multitude nature never observed offered pass Paul perform person Peter pharisees preaching present priests promised prophets prove reason received Redeemer regard religion returned Romans Saviour sent shew soon soul spirit suffer tell temple thee things thou thought tion Titus told took true truth unto whole
512. oldal - I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil : and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars : and hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
235. oldal - Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none : cut it down ; why cumbereth it the ground ? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it : and if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
161. oldal - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven ; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
523. oldal - But Martha was cumbered about much serving ; and came to him, and said ; Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone ? bid her therefore that she help me.
211. oldal - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy ; and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding, in this rejoice not that the spirits are subject unto you ; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
263. oldal - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
160. oldal - Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you : for him hath God the Father sealed.
452. oldal - And the Lord said unto him, Arise and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus; for, behold, he prayeth, and hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
389. oldal - And, behold, there was a great earthquake : for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow : and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.