Annotations on the Apocalypse: Intended as a Sequel to Those of Mr. Elsley on the Gospels, and of Mr. Prebendary Slade on the Epistles ; and Thus to Complete a Series of Comments on the Whole of the New Testament, for the Use of Students in Prophetical Scripture
J. Hatchard and Son, 1828 - 430 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Annotations on the Apocalypse: Intended as a Sequel to Those of Mr. Elsley ...
John Chappel Woodhouse
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
ancient angel Apocalypse apostle appear applied authority beast beginning Bishop blood called century chap chapter character Christ Christian Church commentators compared complete contained continued corrupt death described divine doctrine dragon earth empire enemies evidence expect expressed faith fall Father figurative fire followers four fourth give given Gospel hand heads heaven heavenly holy horse interpretation Italy John kingdom kings Lamb language learned light living Lord meaning Mede mentioned object observed opened original passage period persecution person present prophecy prophet pure received religion represented Roman says Scripture seal seems seen sense seven signify Spirit suffering supposed symbols taken Testament things third thou throne tion translation true trumpet unto verse vision Vitringa voice whole witnesses woman worship writers written
343. oldal - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition : and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, (whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,) when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
388. oldal - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, .and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle : the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city : and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
97. oldal - Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing ; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked...
396. oldal - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
319. oldal - And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
365. oldal - And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
63. oldal - I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ...
311. oldal - And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud- one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
85. oldal - And he shall rule them with a rod of iron ; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers : even as I received of my Father.
224. oldal - And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.