Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able accordingly appearance approached army arrangements arrived asked attack attend became began body bring brother brought called camp capital carry cause Chang Chin Ching Tih Chow Yuen Chow Yung continued court daughter death decree door Emperor engaged entered father flower follow forward Fung Gaou gates gave give ground guardian hall hands head heard hearing Heaven hill hundred Hung imperial inquired instantly Joo Lung lady lead Leang Choo leave letter lives looked Lung majesty matter mean meet moreover mother night observed officers once perceived person prefect present proceeded proposal reached rebels receive remain replied request royal saying seat sent Show Jin side soldiers soon spirits stranger tell thing thousand tion told took troops various village whole wife wished young lady
304. oldal - MITCHELL'S ORNITHOLOGY -THE GENERA Of BIRDS ; comprising their Generic Characters, a Notice of the Habits of each Genus, and an extensive List of Species, referred to their several Genera. By GEORGE ROBERT GRAY, Acad. Imp. Georg. Florent. Soc. Corresp. Senior Assistant of the Zoological Department, British Museum ; and Author of the " List of the Genera of Birds,
305. oldal - A General Dictionary of Geography, Descriptive, Physical, Statistical, and Historical ; forming a complete Gazetteer of the World. By A. KEITH JOHNSTON, FRSE 8vo. 31s. 6d. M'Culloch's Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical, and Historical, of the various Countries, Places, and principal Natural Objects in the World.
305. oldal - Thames, introduced on an enlarged scale. 4. The British Possessions in North America, with part of the United States, compiled from official sources ; with Plans of the Cities and Harbours of Montreal and the Island of Newfoundland, introduced on an enlarged scale. 5. Central and Southern Europe, with the Mediterranean Sea ; the Mouth of the Schelde introduced on an extended scale. 6. Central America and the West Indies, from the latest and best authorities ; with the Island of Jamaica, the Harbours...
303. oldal - OWEN. - LECTURES ON THE COMPARATIVE ANATOMY and PHYSIOLOGY of the INVERTEBRATE ANIMALS, delivered at the Royal College of Surgeons in 1843. By RICHARD OWEN, FRS Hunterian Professor to the College. From Notes taken by William White Cooper, MRCS and revised by Professor Owen.
301. oldal - Square crown 8vo. with Six Plates, 5s. cloth.— Also, A FULL AND COMPLETE GUIDE, HISTORICAL AND DESCRIPTIVE, TO THE TEMPLE CHURCH. Square crown 8vo. Is. sewed. AIKIN.-THE LIFE OF JOSEPH ADDISON. Illustrated by many of his Letters and Private Papers never before published. By LUCY AIKIN. 2 vols. post 8vo. with Portrait from Sir Godfrey Kneller's Picture, 18s. cloth.
305. oldal - Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review. By the Right Hon. Lord MACAULAY. CHEAP EDITION, crown 8vo. 3*. 6</. STUDENT'S EDITION, crown 8vo. 6s. PEOPLE'S EDITION, 2 vols. crown 8vo. 8s. CABINET EDITION, 4 vols. 24*.
301. oldal - NAYLOR, late of Queen's College, Oxford. To be published in FourParts ; the first part will be ready at the end of May. The following anecdote is related, on the authority of Knebel : — Are you aware, said Herder to Goethe, that we have an Epic Poem in German, as wise and as original as the Odyssey — Reynard the Fox ? Goethe confessed that, having heard only of the book as modernised by Gottsched, he had not thought it worthy of any particular notice. The book was produced : Goethe carried it...
305. oldal - Hampden. — Burleigh and his times.— War of the succession in Spain. — Horace Walpole. — William Pitt, earl of Chatham. — Sir James Mackintosh. — Lord Bacon.
305. oldal - Portrait. 3 vols. 8vo. 11. 16s. cloth. Articles originally published in the Edinburgh Review. Speeches. The Ballot. Letters to Archdeacon Singleton. Letter on the Character of Sir James Mackintosh. Letter to Lord John Russell. Sermon on the Duties of the Queen. The Lawyer that Tempted Christ : a Sermon. The Judge that smites contrary to Law : a Sermon. Peter Plymley's Letters, &c. &c. LAYS OP ANCIENT ROME.
303. oldal - The FOREIGN QUARTERLY REVIEW, No. 61. (just published), observes, — " The Marquis de Custine's work on Russia is shortly expected to appear. It is described by those who have read fragments of it, to be most violently hostile to Russia. Some very extraordinary circumstances are assigned as the cause of this tone of hostility.