The Hieroglyphick Bible, Or, Select Passages in the Old and New Testaments, Represented with Emblematical Figures, for the Amusement of Youth: Designed Chiefly to Familiarize Tender Age, in a Pleasing and Diverting Manner with Early Ideas of the Holy Scriptures : to which are Subjoined, a Short Account of the Lives of the Evangelists, and Other Pieces : Illustrated with Nearly Five Hundred Cuts
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
angel appeared beast behold blessed body born bring brother brought called cast Christ clothed coming commanded covenant crown daughter David dead death earth Egypt everlasting Exodus eyes faint faith fall Father feet fell fiery fire formed Genesis give glean ground hand hast hath head hear heart heaven Holy horses Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jesus Christ Jews John Jonah Joseph Joshua keep king kingdom laid land lead lifted light living Lord Jesus Luke Mary midst Moses mother mouth night offer Open parents pass praise preached priests Psalm righteousness saith the Lord saying sent shout side smote soul sound Spirit stone stood sword thee therein thine things thou shalt took tree trumpet twelve unto unto the Lord whole young youth
65. oldal - The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, Thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; That saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground ? Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, And though thou set thy nest among the stars, Thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord.
98. oldal - And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
99. oldal - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire ; and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost; and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
29. oldal - And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
109. oldal - And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you ; 13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.
42. oldal - And it came to pass, as they still went on and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
97. oldal - ... and as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead ? he is not here, but is risen.
56. oldal - Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall; but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.