Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Admiral afterwards Amphion appeared appointed army arrived attack attention Bakerian Lecture became Bewick British Captain Cattaro character Church Colonel command Court daughter Davy death died discovery Duke duty Earl early Edinburgh eldest elected eminent enemy engaged engraved Erdeswicke father favour Fletcher French friends frigate Gentleman's Magazine George honour House India island John Kempe labours Lady late Lecture letter Lieutenant London Lord Lord Cornwallis Lordship Majesty's Major-General manner married memoir ment mind nature never Observations occasion officer Parliament period person philosopher possession present published racter Ralph Abercrombie rank received Reeves regiment remained respect retired returned to England royal medal Royal Society Scotland sent Seringapatam ship Shore Sierra Leone Sir Edward West Sir Humphry Sir William soon squadron success Thomas Bewick Timbuctoo tion took Tripoli troops volume William Kempe Wollaston
149. oldal - Vixere fortes ante Agamemnona Multi, sed omnes illacrymabiles Urgentur, ignotique longa Nocte, carent quia vate sacro.
377. oldal - A finite and exact Expression for the Refraction of an Atmosphere nearly resembling that of the Earth.
217. oldal - Essays on the Lives and Writings of Fletcher of Saltoun and the Poet Thomson: Biographical, critical, and political. With some Pieces of Thomson's never before published.
376. oldal - An Account of some recent Discoveries in Hieroglyphical Literature and Egyptian Antiquities, including the Author's original Alphabet, as extended by M. Champollion, Svo.
57. oldal - ... in a state of intense activity ; and a platina wire, communicating with the positive side, was brought in contact with the upper surface of the alkali. The whole apparatus was in the open atmosphere.
60. oldal - In sciences kindred to chemistry, the knowledge of the nature of the alkalies, and the analogies arising in consequence, will open many new views; they may lead to the solution of many problems in geology, and shew that agents may have operated in the formation of rocks and earths which have not hitherto been suspected to exist.
374. oldal - Remarks on the Employment of Oblique Riders, and on other Alterations in the Construction of Ships. Phil. Trans. 1814-, p. 303 ; the substance of a Report before presented to the Board of Admiralty, relating to Sir Robert Sepping's Improvements, with some additional illustrations.
160. oldal - For the repeated thanks and grants bestowed upon you by this house, in gratitude for your many and eminent services, you have thought fit this day to offer us your acknowledgments; but this nation well knows that it is still largely your debtor. It owes to you the proud satisfaction, that amidst the constellation of illustrious warriors, who have recently visited our country...
78. oldal - ... resources and devices, as well as from active pursuit, belongs to this amusement. Then as to its philosophical tendency, it is a pursuit of moral discipline, requiring patience, forbearance, and command of temper. As connected with natural science, it may be vaunted as demanding a knowledge of the habits of a considerable tribe of created beings — fishes, and the animals that they prey upon, and an acquaintance with the signs and tokens of the weather and. its changes, the nature of waters,...