A body of practical divinity, consisting of above one hundred seventy six sermons on the lesser catechism composed by the reverend assembly of divines at Westminster: with a suppl. of some sermons on several texts of Scripture
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acts affliction angels believe better blessed blood body bread bring called carry cause child Christ Christian comes comfort command conscience covenant crown curse death devil doth duty earth eternal evil eyes faith fall Father fear fire flesh forgive fruit give given glory God's grace grow hand hath head hear heart heaven hell holy honour John judge keep king kingdom labour light live look Lord Luke mercy mind nature ness never obedience obey pardon peace person pray prayer promise Quest religion rich saints saith Satan scripture serve shalt shew sinner sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer sure sweet temptation tempted thee things thou thoughts tion true truth turn unto wicked worship wrath
396. oldal - Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh ; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers ; but in singleness of heart, fearing God : and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men ; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance : for ye serve the Lord Christ.
709. oldal - Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
251. oldal - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
14. oldal - The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
106. oldal - The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, Before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, Or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth ; When there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills was I brought forth...
62. oldal - He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
37. oldal - And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.
118. oldal - And a certain man drew a bow at a venture, and smote the king of Israel between the joints of the harness...
391. oldal - ... then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord ; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father : for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.