The Works of John Locke: The reasonableness of Christianity. A vindication of the Reasonableness of Christianity, from Mr. Edward's reflections. A second vindication
C. and J. Rivington, 1824
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acts amongst Answ answer apostles appears argument articles of faith assent believed Bold called cause charge Christ christian church clear coming concerning confess contained creed dead death delivered desire divine doctrines doubt Edwards epistles eternal evident express faith Father fundamental give given gospel hand hath heaven holy Jesus jews John king kingdom known leave live Lord Luke Mark Matt matter of fact meaning mentioned Messiah mind miracles nature necessary never observe omitted plain points preaching profession promised proposed proposition prove published question reader reason received religion rest revelation salvation Saviour scripture seems sense sent sincere socinian speak stand subjects taught tells thing thou thought tion true truth turn understand understood unmasker unto whole words writ writings
330. oldal - What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light : and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
117. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone ; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
329. oldal - Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves : be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men : for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge : you in their synagogues ; and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
122. oldal - The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree ; him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things, and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
362. oldal - And I knew him not : but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
33. oldal - But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
124. oldal - So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
329. oldal - Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass, in your purses; nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves ; for the workman is worthy of his meat.
95. oldal - A little while, and ye shall see me; because I go to the Father. Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me : and again, A little while, and ye shall see me : and, Because I go to the Father ? They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while ? We cannot tell what he saith.