Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
administration amongst animals ante-natal bacilli Borough bubonic plague cancer carcase carried cause cent centre Child Welfare City clean milk Clinic Committee cost cows dairy deal death difficulties diphtheria discharge disease districts Edinburgh effect efficiency effluent examination exanthem experience factory fumigation goitre Grade Health Visitor herds Hospital houses hydrogen cyanide hygiene important improvement industrial infant infection inspection interest iodine labour large number London mastitis Maternity matter means Meat Inspector Medical Officer ment methods Middlesbrough Ministry of Health mother necessary obtained Officer of Health pasteurisation patients persons pipes plague pneumonic plague population possible practical present problem produced public health question rats regard Report result rickets ROYAL SANITARY INSTITUTE scarlet fever scheme Schick test school nurse Scotland Section sewage sewers smallpox standard tion to-day town treatment tuberculosis tuberculous vaccination Veterinary water supply workers
212. oldal - The respondent, a retail milk seller, was charged with selling to the prejudice of the purchaser, milk which was not of the nature, substance and quality demanded by the purchaser.
163. oldal - Every person who causes to fall or flow, or knowingly permits to fall or flow or to be carried into any stream any poisonous noxious or polluting liquid proceeding from any factory or manufacturing process, shall (subject as in this Act mentioned) be deemed to have committed an offence against this Act.
163. oldal - Save as aforesaid, it includes rivers streams canals lakes and watercourses, other than watercourses at the passing of this Act mainly used as sewers, and emptying directly into the sea, or tidal waters which have not been determined to be streams...
93. oldal - Fair is our lot — O goodly is our heritage ! (Humble ye, my people, and be fearful in your mirth ! ) For the Lord our God Most High He hath made the deep as dry, He hath smote for us a pathway to the ends of all the Earth...
355. oldal - The said board shall not give their consent to proceedings by the sanitary authority of any district which is the seat of any manufacturing industry, unless they are satisfied, after due inquiry, that means for rendering harmless the poisonous, noxious, or polluting liquids proceeding from the processes of such manufactures are reasonably practicable and available under all the circumstances of the case, and that no material injury will be inflicted by such proceedings on the interests of such industry.
36. oldal - On the State of the Public Health ; being the Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer of the Ministry of Health for the year 1924.
284. oldal - And as he went, he remembered the words of Raphael, and took the ashes of the perfumes, and put the heart and the liver of the fish thereupon, and made a smoke therewith. The which smell when the evil spirit had smelled, he fled into the utmost parts of Egypt, and the angel bound him.
76. oldal - These four inferences may be summarized by saying that medical examinations showed that, of every nine men of military age in Great Britain, on the average three were perfectly fit and healthy; two were upon a definitely infirm plane of health and strength, whether from some disability or...
81. oldal - Britain has, in some degree or another, made provision for attending to the health of expectant mothers, nursing mothers and children under the age of five.