Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Absolute Agnosticism assertion belief Britain British Philosophy called Cogitationism cognisance College Comte Comte's Comtism conceived Constructive Idealism Constructive Idealists cosmological conception Cosmos Crown 8vo Deity doctrine Empiricism England English Essays existence experience external world Extra fcap F. W. Newman fact Faith farther fcap Fichte Hegel Hegelian History Hume ideas Illustrations intellectual John Kant knowledge laws Lectures LL.D Locke's Logic Maps Matter metaphysical Mill Mill's mode Natural Realism Nihilism Non-Ego notion objects Ontology organism origin permanent possibilities phenomena Philo Philosophy of Perception Phrenology physical Physiology POLITICAL Portrait possibilities of sensation present principle Professor psychological theory Psychology question R. C. Jebb Realists reason recent British Reid Relativity of Knowledge respect Science scientific Second Edition seems sense sentiency series of feelings Sir William Hamilton speculative Spencer Theism Theology things thinkers thought thread of consciousness tion tonian Transcendentalism Transcendentalists Universe Unknowable volume writings
147. oldal - Thou makest thine appeal to me: I bring to life, I bring to death: The spirit does but mean the breath: I know no more.
15. oldal - An Introduction to Mental Philosophy, on the Inductive Method. By JD MORELL, MA LL.D. 8vo. 12s. Elements of Psychology, containing the Analysis of the Intellectual Powers. By the same Author. Post 8vo. 7s. 6d. The Secret of Hegel: being the Hegelian System in Origin, Principle, Form, and Matter.
23. oldal - ON THE STUDY OF WORDS. Lectures Addressed (originally) to the Pupils at the Diocesan Training School, Winchester. Seventeenth Edition, enlarged. Fcap. 8vo. 5$. ENGLISH PAST AND PRESENT. Eleventh Edition, revised and improved. Fcap. 8vo. 5$. A SELECT GLOSSARY OF ENGLISH WORDS USED FORMERLY IN SENSES DIFFERENT FROM THEIR PRESENT.
210. oldal - ... we are reduced to the alternative of believing that the Mind, or Ego, is something different from any series of feelings, or possibilities of them, or of accepting the paradox, that something which ex hypothesi is but a series of feelings, can be aware of itself as a series.
61. oldal - This is dispensed ; and what surmounts the reach Of human sense I shall delineate so, By likening spiritual to corporal forms, As may express them be:-t ; though what if earth Be but the shadow of heaven, and things therein Each to other like, more than on earth is thought...
24. oldal - THE ADVENTURES OF ROBINSON CRUSOE. Edited from the Original Edition, by JW CLARK, MA, Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge.
148. oldal - No more? A monster then, a dream, A discord. Dragons of the prime, That tare each other in their slime, Were mellow music match'd with him. O life as futile, then, as frail! O for thy voice to soothe and bless! What hope of answer, or redress? Behind the veil, behind the veil.
147. oldal - Who roll'd the psalm to wintry skies, Who built him fanes of fruitless prayer, Who trusted God was love indeed And love Creation's final law Tho...
24. oldal - The Golden Treasury of the Best Songs and Lyrical Poems in the English Language. Selected and arranged, with Notes, by FRANCIS TURNER PALGRAVE.