Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Agatha answer appeared arms asked Auriol beautiful became better body brought called carried cause character close course cried daughter dear death door doubt early entered exclaimed eyes face father feel feet followed fortune gave girl give given half hand head hear heard heart hope horses hour lady leave less light living look Lord manner Maria matter means mind Miss morning nature never night object observed once party passed person poor present reached received remained replied returned river Roberts round scene seemed seen side soon speak stand sure taken tell thing thought took town travellers trees turned whole wife wish young
372. oldal - Where slaves once more their native land behold, No fiends torment, no Christians thirst for gold. To Be, contents his natural desire, He asks no Angel's wing, no Seraph's fire; But thinks, admitted to that equal sky, His faithful dog shall bear him company.
372. oldal - His soul, proud science never taught to stray Far as the solar walk or Milky Way: Yet simple Nature to his hope has...
585. oldal - Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By fearing to attempt.
204. oldal - What beast was't then That made you break this enterprise to me? When you durst do it, then you were a man; And, to be more than what you were, you would Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place Did then adhere, and yet you would make both: They have made themselves, and that their fitness now Does unmake you.
125. oldal - ... their retreat, carried off part of the treasure, and, what was dearer than any treasure, several of the women of the great king; who was at last obliged to repass the Euphrates with some marks of haste and confusion.
635. oldal - It has been suggested," observes the same philosophic writer, "that, as in our own times, the northern animals migrate, so the Siberian Elephant and Rhinoceros may have wandered towards the north in summer." In making such excursions during the heat of that brief season, the Mammoths would be arrested in their northern progress by a condition to which the Rein-deer and...
70. oldal - Fox, passing early one summer's morning near a farm-yard, was caught in a springe, which the farmer had planted there for that end.. The Cock, at a distance, saw what happened , and, hardly yet daring to trust himself too near so dangerous a foe, approached him cautiously, and peeped at him, not without some horror and dread of mind. Reynard no sooner perceived it, but he addressed himself to him, with all the designing artifice imaginable.