Two Dissertations on Sacrifices: The First on All the Sacrifices of the Jews, with Remarks on Some of Those of the Heathens ; the Second on the Sacrifice of Christ, in Both which the General Doctrine of the Christian Church on These Subjects is Defended Against the Socinians
Holdsworth and Ball, 1828 - 400 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Two Dissertations on Sacrifices: The First on All the Sacrifices of the Jews ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
Aaron according already altar animal apostle appears appointed atonement belonged blood body brought bullock burnt burnt offerings called camp carried ceremony Christ commanded committed consecrated considered custom death defiled divine doubt efficacy evident Exod expiation express Father favour fices former given goat hands head Hebrews Hence high priest holy individuals Israel Jewish Jews kind king lambs Levit Lord Maimon Maimonides manner means meat offering mentioned Moses nature never oblation observed obtain opinion passage peace offerings performed persons piacular victims polluted prayers present priesthood punishment rabbies reason reference remarks represented respecting rites sacred sacrifice of Christ sacrificed sanctuary says scriptures seven sin offering sinner sins slain sprinkled supposed tabernacle temple term things tion trespass offerings unto vicarious punishment victims viii voluntary whole whole congregation wine worship
371. oldal - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous...
351. oldal - God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all, and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference : for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus...
125. oldal - Do good in Thy good pleasure unto Zion : Build Thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, With burnt offering and whole burnt offering : Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.
327. oldal - Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong ; because he hath poured out his soul unto death : and he was numbered with the transgressors ; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
47. oldal - And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.
354. oldal - Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father : 5 To whom be glory for ever and ever.
373. oldal - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth ? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
295. oldal - And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: and blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
297. oldal - For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.