Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action acts againſt appears argument beauty beſt Books cauſe Characters COMMENTARY common directs employed Epiſtle equal ev'ry evil examples extreme fall fame firſt follow folly fool fortune given gives Happineſs hath heart Heav'n himſelf Hope human itſelf juſt kind King knowledge laſt laws light lines live Lord Man's Mankind manner means mind moral moſt muſt Nature never NOTES object obſervation Paſſions perfect Pleaſure poet pow'r pride principle Providence Reaſon Religion Riches riſe ruling ſame ſays ſecond ſee Self-love ſenſe ſhall ſhe ſhews ſhould Society ſome ſtate ſtill ſubject ſuch ſuppoſed ſyſtem Taſte tell theſe things thoſe thought thro tion true truth turns univerſal uſe VARIATIONS Vice Virtue wealth whole whoſe wiſe wrong
24. oldal - Lives through all life, extends through all extent, Spreads undivided, operates unspent ; Breathes in our soul, informs our mortal part, As full, as perfect in a hair as heart ; As full, as perfect in vile man that mourns, As the rapt seraph that adores and burns. To Him no high, no low, no great, no small ; He fills, He bounds, connects and equals all.
155. oldal - Let not this weak unknowing hand Presume Thy bolts to throw, And deal damnation round the land, On each I judge Thy foe. If I am right, Thy grace impart Still in the right to stay ; If I am wrong, oh, teach my heart To find that better way...
76. oldal - See life dissolving vegetate again: All forms that perish other forms supply; (By turns we catch the vital breath, and die) Like bubbles on the sea of Matter borne, They rise, they break, and to that sea return.
154. oldal - What conscience dictates to be done. Or warns me not to do, This teach me more than Hell to shun, That more than Heaven pursue.
16. oldal - The scale of sensual, mental powers ascends : Mark how it mounts to man's imperial race, From the green myriads in the peopled grass...
279. oldal - No pleasing intricacies intervene, No artful wildness to perplex the scene ; Grove nods at grove, each alley has a brother, And half the platform just reflects the other.
126. oldal - tis the price of toil; The knave deserves it, when he tills the soil, The knave deserves it, when he tempts the main, Where folly fights for kings, or dives for gain. The good man may be weak, be indolent ; Nor is his claim to plenty, but content.
19. oldal - Were we to press, inferior might on ours; Or in the full creation leave a void, Where, one step broken, the great scale's destroy'd: From Nature's chain whatever link you strike, Tenth, or ten thousandth, breaks the chain alike. And, if each system in gradation roll Alike essential to th' amazing whole, The least confusion but in one, not all That system only, but the whole must fall.