Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Knight Templar Abroad: Or, Reminiscences of Travel Beyond the Sea ...
W. Harlan Cord
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
A Knight Templar Abroad: Or, Reminiscences of Travel Beyond the Sea
W Harlan Cord
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Abbey afterwards ancient Antwerp ascended battle beautiful Bonaparte bridge called castle Cathedral century chapel Charles Chillon Christian church Cologne contains course Court Cross death Duke Duke of Savoy Emperor England English Erasmus erected Europe famous feet high feet long finest France Freemasonry French gallery Geneva Germany glacier glory Grand Master height horses hundred interest Interlaken James de Molay King King of France Knights Templars lake lake of Lucerne land London look Lord Louis XIV Louis XVI Louvre Lucerne Luther magnificent Marie Antoinette Mary Masonic miles monument mountain Napoleon noble once Opera Order palace Paris party pass perhaps Philip picture Pope Prince prison Queen railway Rhine river royal scene seemed seen side siege statue steamer Strasbourg Swiss Switzerland Temple thing tion tomb tourists tower walls Waterloo Wellington Westminster Abbey wonderful York
359. oldal - Ah! then and there was hurrying to and fro, And gathering tears, and tremblings of distress, And cheeks all pale, which but an hour ago Blushed at the praise of their own loveliness: And there were sudden partings, such as press The life from out young hearts; and choking sighs, Which ne'er might be repeated...
335. oldal - The negligently grand, the fruitful bloom Of coming ripeness, the white city's sheen, The rolling stream, the precipice's gloom, The forest's growth, and Gothic walls between, The wild rocks shaped as they had turrets been, In mockery of man's art...
443. oldal - I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
246. oldal - Jura, whose capt heights appear Precipitously steep; and drawing near, There breathes a living fragrance from the shore, Of flowers yet fresh with childhood ; on the ear Drops the light drip of the suspended oar, Or chirps the grasshopper one good-night carol more...
111. oldal - The cloud-capt towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherits, shall dissolve ; And, like the baseless fabric of a vision, Leave not a wreck behind ! we are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep.
237. oldal - Chillon! thy prison is a holy place, And thy sad floor an altar — for 'twas trod, Until his very steps have left a trace Worn, as if thy cold pavement were a sod, By Bonnivard ! — May none those marks efface ! For they appeal from tyranny to God.
236. oldal - Clarens ! sweet Clarens, birthplace of deep Love ! Thine air is the young breath of passionate thought ; Thy trees take root in Love ; the snows above The very Glaciers have his colours caught, And sun-set into rose-hues sees them wrought By rays which sleep there lovingly...
325. oldal - Each robber chief upheld his armed halls, Doing his evil will, nor less elate Than mightier heroes of a longer date. What want these outlaws conquerors should have? But History's purchased page to call them great? A wider space, an ornamented grave? Their hopes were not less warm, their souls were full as brave.
386. oldal - That struck the foremost man of all this world, But for supporting robbers, shall we now Contaminate our fingers with base bribes, And sell the mighty space of our large honours...
345. oldal - Drachenfels Frowns o'er the wide and winding Rhine, Whose breast of waters broadly swells Between the banks which bear the vine ; And hills all rich with blossomed trees, And fields which promise corn and wine, And scattered cities crowning these, Whose far white walls along them shine, Have strewed a scene, which I should see With double joy wert thou with me.