Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Absalom Adoni-bezek affliction angels Apostle behold blessed body called cerning character child children of men Christian cometh consider David death desire despised disciples DISCOURSE divine divine grace duty earth enemies eternity everlasting evil eyes faith Father favour fear feel flesh friends give glory godly Gospel grace hand happiness hath hear heart heaven Hence holy honour hope iniquity Israel Jesus Christ Jews king kingdom kingdom of God labour live look Lord means means of grace mercy mind nature ness never nexion observe Onesimus peace pleasure praise pray prayer promise quire racter reason rejoice religion remember render repentance righteousness Sabbath saith salvation Saviour Scripture Secondly seek servants shalt sinner sins soul Spirit suffer surely thee thine things thou art thou hast tion tree truth vile body walk wicked wisdom word worship yourselves
52. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open unto us;' and he shall answer and say unto you, 'I know ye not whence ye are.
100. oldal - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
144. oldal - Ye adulterers and adulteresses know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God ? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
159. oldal - Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us : and establish thou the work of our hands upon us : yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.
70. oldal - I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; "Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke; turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.
371. oldal - For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground ; yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
161. oldal - And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them : then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
220. oldal - And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
238. oldal - Verily I say unto you ; There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but he shall receive an hundred-fold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions, and in the world to come eternal life.