« ElőzőTovább »
8. Grant, O God, that like as I have received of thy holy Prophets, of Jesus Christ and his Apostles, how I ought to walk to pleafe thee, so I may abound more and more.
9. Make me to understand the Way of thy Commandments, and so fhall I talk of thy wondrous Works.
10. O that my Ways were made so direct, that I may keep thy Statutes.
11. O let my Mouth be filled with thy Praise, that I may fing of thy Glory and Honour all the Day long.
12. O let me have understanding in the Way of Godlinefs.
13. Try me, O God, and seek the Ground of
my Heart; prove me, and examine
my Thoughts ; look if there be any Way of Wickedness in me, and lead me in: the Way, everlasting:
14. Grant, O God, according to the: Riches of thy Glory, that I may be strengthened by the Might of thy Spirit im the inner Man, that. Christ may dwell in my Heart by. Faith:
15. Grant, that I being rooted and grounded in.Love, may be able to comprehend with all Saints, what is the Length, 1 Breadth, and Depth of the Love of
Christ, 17. O that
Christ, which passeth all human Know». ledge; and that I may be filled with all the Fulness of God,
16. Give me Understanding, and I shall keep thy Law.
Soul could love thee without Limits, as thou art in thyself infinitely amiable.
18. Lead me forth in thy Truth, and learn me; for thou art the God of my Sale vation.
19. O deal with thy Servant according to thy loving Mercy, and teach me thy Statutes.
20. O God of Peace fanctify me wholly, that my
whole Spirit, Soul and Body, may be preserved blameless unto the Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
21. Create in me a clean Heart, O God, and renew a right Spirit within me.
Ejaculations in Time of Temptation and
HELP me, O Lord my God, O fave
me according to thy Mercy. 2. Be not thou far from me, O Lord, thou art my Succour, haste thee to help me. 3. O keep my Soul and deliver me, let me not be ashamed, for I put my Trust in thee. Let Integrity and Uprightness preferve me, for I wait on thee.
4. Grant that I may have Power and Strength to have Victory, and to triumph against the Devil, the World, and the Fleih.
5. Let my Complaint come before thee, O Lord, give me Understanding according to thy Word
6. O hide not thou thy Face from me, nor cast thy Servant away in Displeasure.
7. Comfort the Soul of thy Servant, for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my Soul. .
8. Hide not thy Face from me, in the Time of my Trouble ; incline thine Ear unto me when I call, O hear me, and that right soon.
9. O deliver me from the wrongful Dealings of Men ; and fo shall I keep thy Commandments.
General Intercesions for all Mankind..
Merciful God, cause all them that
fleep in Sin to awake, cause them to arise from the Dead, that Christ may ive them Life.
2. Let the People praise thee, O God, yea, let all the People praise thee, that thy
great among the Gentiles, from the rising of the Sun unto the going down of the same.
3. O let the Wickedness of the Wicked come to an End, but establish thou the Just.
4. O continue thy Loving-kindness to them that know thee, and thy Righteousness to the upright in Heart.
5. Grant that all Estates of Men in thy holy Church, and every Member of the fame, in his Vocation and Ministry, may truly and godlily serve thee.
6. Let thy Priests be cloathed with Righteousness, and their Lips preserve Knowledge.
7. Let all those that put their Trust in thee rejoice, let them ever shout for Joy, because thou defendest them: Let them that love thy Name be joyful in thee.
A Grace before Meat. BLESS LESS to us, O Lord, these thy good
Creatures which we are now about to receive. · Give them Strength to nourish us, and us Grace to ferre thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
A Grace after Meat. WE acknowledge, O God, our De
pendence upon thee, and give thee Thanks for feeding us at this Time, and for all thy other Benefits [Preserve thy universal Church, the King, the Royal Family, and thefe Realms, and grant us Grace, and Peace, and Life everlasting) through Jesus Chrift our Lord. Amen.
An Alphabetical TABLE of the IVeekly
Collects in the Book of Common-Prayer, reduced under proper Heads.
Affiction. PRAYERS for Deliverance from, and
Support under Afflictions. Collects for the 3d Sunday after Epiphany, 8th after Trinity, and 5th Sunday in Lent.
Angels. A Prayer for the Guardianship of Angels. Collect for St. Michael.