« ElőzőTovább »
me, through Jesus Christ our Lord; in the
Our Father, &c.
pray to be
Though these three Prayers are all that are particularly provided for the Use • of Servants, yet it is hoped, they will not • look upon themselves excused from using
others; but that when they have Leisure • and Opportunity, they will make Use of • fome of the Morning and Evening Prayers
for private Persons, as well as fome of the other Prayers for the intermediate Times of the Day.'
Ejaculations on several Occasions.
Afts of Adoration and Praise.
my God, thou art become exceeding
2. O Lord, how manifold are thy Works, in Wisdom haft thou made them all; the Earth is full of thy Riches !
3. To the only wise God; our Saviour, be Glory and Majesty, Dominion, and Power, both now and ever: Amen.
4. Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own: Strength, so will we sing and praise thy Power.
5. Blessing and Honour, Glory and Power, Thanksgiving and Praise, be unto. him that fitteth upon the Throne, and to: the Lamb for ever and ever.
6. Praise the Lord,, O my. Soul, and all that is within me praise his holy Name :: Praise the Lord, O my Soul, and forget. not all his Benefits.
7. O magnify the Lord' our God, and fall down before his Footstool: for he is Holy
8. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant Mercy, hath begotten us again unto a lively Hope of an Inheritance, incorruptible and undefiled, that fadeth not: away.
9. Thy Righteousnefs, O God, is very high : Great Things, O Lord, are they which thou hast done: O God, who is like. unto thee!
Aets of Contrition, with Petitions for Par
den and Grace, that we may reform and amend our Lives.
Remember not the Sins and OfO
fences of my Youth, but according to thy Mercy think thou upon me.
2. For thy Name's Sake, O Lord, be merciful unto my Sin, for it is great.
3. Enter not into Judgınent with thy Servant, O Lord, for in thy Sight shall no Man living be justified.
4. Have Mercy upon me, O God, after thy great Goodness ; according to the Multitude of thy Mercies, do away mine Offences, 5.
Who can tell how oft he offendeth? O cleanse thou me from my secret Faults.
6. Order my Steps in thy Word, and let not any Iniquity have Dominion over me.
7 Shew me thy Ways, O Lord, and teach me thy. Paths..
8. Pity, O Lord, the present Frailty of thy Servant, and suffer not my Blindness to lead me into Ruin.
9. Suffer not my Frailties to become a Custom, lest I die impenitent and pecilh without Recovery..
10. O thou great Physician of Souls, eure me of all my finful Distempers, and fix me in an even and constant Holi.
11. Imprint on my Mind this important Truth;
that the Pleasures of Sin are short and momentary, but the pain and Torment eternal ; and, that the best that can follow is a bitter Repentance.
12. O Almighty Lord God, mortify and kill all. Vices in me; and so strengthen me with thy Grace, that by the Innocence of my Life, and the Constancy of my Faith, I may glorify thy great and holy. Name.
13. Grant me the true Circumcision of the Spirit, that my Heart and all my
Mem. bers being mortified from all worldly and carnal Lufts, I may in all Things obey thy blessed Will.
14. Gránt that I being regenerate and made thy Child by Adoption and Grace, may daily.be renewed by thy Holy Spirit, till I come to the Measure of the Stature of the Fulnefs of Christ, unto a perfect Man.
15. Enable me to love my Enemies, and to do good to those that hate me, and pray for them that despitefully, use me, and perfecute me, in Obedience to the Command,
and in Imitation of the Example of my great Lord and Miaster Christ Jefus.
Occasional Fjaculations for our Advance
ment and Improvement in a Christian Life.
a Watch O Lord, before my
Mouth, and keep the Door of my Lips.
2. O let not mine Heart be inclined to any evil Thing; let me not be occupied in ungodly Works.
3. Ó hold thou up my Goings in thy Paths, that my Footsteps flip not.
4. Cause me to know the Way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my Soul unto thee.
5. Make thou thy Servant to delight in that which is good.
6. Grant that all carnal Affections may die in me, and that all Things belonging to the Spirit may live and grow in me.
7. Deliver me, O Lord, from the Occafions of Sin, and the Importunities of such as delight in Folly. Deliver me from the Snare of enticing Company, and the dangerous Infection of ill Example.