Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alcibiades animal anity Apostles appear Atheists Author believe blessed body Chri Christ Christian Religion Christianity Church consider conversation creatures Dæmons death Deity Disciples discourse Divine doctrine earth endeavour eternity Evangelists exalted excellent Existence faculties faith fame foul four Evangelists Free-thinker give glorious glory Gods Gospel happy hath heart heathen heaven holy Holy Order hope human idea imagination impersect Infidelity infinite Irenæus Jews Judæa Julian the Apostate kind learned Pagans light ligion lise lived look Lord mankind manner Martyr mind miracles morality nature neral ness notions objects observe Origen particular passions persection person Pharisee Philosophers pleasure prayer present prosession reason religion Sadducees Saviour Saviour's history Scriptures SECT sense shew Socrates Soul spect spirits stian Supreme thee ther thing thou thought three first centuries tion Trajan truth tural ture viour Virg virtue whole wisdom worship writings
107. oldal - I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
83. oldal - When you glorify the Lord, exalt him as much as you can ; for even yet will he far exceed. And when you exalt him, put forth all your strength, and be not weary; for you can never go far enough.
86. oldal - WAS yesterday, about sun-set, walking in the open fields, till the night insensibly fell upon me. I at first amused myself with all the richness and variety of colours which appeared in the western parts of heaven ; in proportion as they faded away and went out, several stars and planets appeared one after another, till the whole firmament was in a glow.
295. oldal - ... as it generally happens, that virtue would make us more happy even in this life than a contrary...
199. oldal - After it a voice roareth: He thundereth with the voice of his excellency; And he will not stay them when his voice is heard. God thundereth marvellously with his voice; Great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.
93. oldal - Behold, I go forward, but he is not there ; and backward, but I cannot perceive him : on the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him : he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him : but he knoweth the way that I take : when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
300. oldal - ... from all relation to eternity, is the most wonderful and unaccountable composition in the whole creation. He hath capacities to lodge a much greater variety of knowledge than he will be ever master of, and an unsatisfied curiosity to tread the secret paths of nature and providence ; but with this, his organs...
242. oldal - Their sound is gone out into all lands : and their words into the ends of the world. 5 In them hath he set a tabernacle for...