pt. 1. Joshua. Judges. I. Samuel
Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1847
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according annos appears Arab Assyria autem Booth brought called chap Chron Chronicles Codices cubits David ejus erat etiam expressed father fuisse fuit Gesen give hæc hand hath Hebrew horses Houb hundred interpreters Israel Jerusalem Joab Judah Judg king king's land letters loco Lord meaning mentioned notes observed pass passage person Pool present priests probably prophet quæ quam quod reign rendered Samuel seems sense servants signifies Solomon sons sunt temple thee things thou thousand took translate true unto verba verse viii wall word xviii αὐτοῦ ἐν καὶ τὸ τὸν τοῦ τῷ τῶν אֲשֶׁר וגו
547. oldal - And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name...
647. oldal - David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue...
740. oldal - The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.
627. oldal - I am this day fourscore years old: and can I discern between good and evil? can thy servant taste what I eat or what I drink? can I hear any more the voice of singing men and singing women? wherefore then should thy servant be yet a burden unto my lord the king?
540. oldal - Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord: even he shall build the temple of the Lord ; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
883. oldal - So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him. And Elisha said unto the king of Israel, What have I to do with thee ? get thee to the prophets of thy father, and to the prophets of thy mother.
980. oldal - So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed, and went and returned, and dwelt at Nineveh. And it came to pass, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword: and they escaped into the land of Armenia. And Esarhaddon his son reigned in his stead.
714. oldal - I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man; and keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself...
848. oldal - And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts : for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
784. oldal - Thee today: that Thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which Thou hast said, "My name shall be there": that Thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which Thy servant shall make toward this place.