« ElőzőTovább »
But Doc 9000, 3 Summe
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
No. 1. A Letter to Messrs. Johnson, Bagueley, and Drummond, on their Imprisonment, and on the Line of Conduct which they ought to pursue; and on Political Shoy-hoys. 2. Letter IX. to Mr. Hunt, on the recent Tricks of the Boroughmongers, relative to their main Prop, their Paper-money.
3. Letter X. to Mr. Hunt, on the same Subject.
4. Letter IX. to Mr. Hunt, on the Workings of the Poor Laws.
5. Letter to Lord Viscount Folkestone, on the Proceedings in Parliament, during the Session of 1819, relative to the Paper-money.-Letter to Mr. Hunt, on the Confusion introduced by him at Mr. Peel's City Finance Meeting, &c.
6. Letter II. to Lord Viscount Folkestone, on the Proceedings in Parliament during the Session of 1819, relative to the Paper-money. 7. Letter XII. to H. Hunt, Esq. on the Meeting at the London Tavern, on the 18th of May, 1819, relative to the Bank Note affairs.
8. Letter to Sir R. Peel, on the Petition presented by him against the Resolutions, in Parliament, relative to the Specie Payments.-Letter to Mr. Hunt on Paper-money affairs. 9. To the Female Reform Society of Blackburn.
10. Letter to the Prince Regent, on the wild and visionary Schemes of the Boroughmongers.
11. Letter II. to the Prince Regent, on his Proclamation against the Reformers.
12. Letter to the Middle Classes of England, on the benefits which Re
form could produce to them.—Letter to Mr. Hunt.
13. Letter to Mr. James P. Cobbett, on Mr. Cobbett's Progress from Liverpool to London, and on the State of Public Affairs in England at that time.
14. Letter to the Earl of Liverpool, on the present State of the Country, and on the Measures proposed to be adopted at the present time.-Letter to Mr. J. P. Cobbett, about Wright. 15. Letter II. to the Earl of Liverpool, on the Powers of Taxation to produce Misery; and on the Speech of Mr. Baring relative to the Taxes, the Paper-money, and the Funds. 16. To the Reformers of the whole Kingdom, and Prospectus to the Daily Evening Post.
17. To the Female Reformers of the Kingdom.
18. To the Reformers of England, Scotland, and Ireland.
19. Letter to Earl Grosvenor, on his Speech of the 17th December last; on the Inducement for Englishmen with Families and with Capital to go to settle in the United States of America; and on the President's most important Speech of December last. 20. A Plan for the promotion of Sobriety and Frugality, and an abhorrence of Gaming.
21. To the Bishop of Landaff, on a Speech published in the Courier on the 11th of December last, purporting to be a Speech delivered by him on the 10th of that month, in which Speech is contained certain Remarks relative to the Subjects of Blasphemy and that of Paine's Age of Reason.
INDEX OF PERSONS.
Atwood, Mr. 201, 229.
Auckland, Lord, 255.
Burdett, Sir F. 23, 24, 29, 47, 62, 124, Grenville, Lord, 28, 136, 141, 142, 149,
Bourne, Mr. Sturges, 105,
Bentham, Mr. Jerry, 127.
Becket, Mr. 199.
Baring, Mr. 246, 298, 450,, 465.
Burke, 254, 421.
Bedford, Duke of, 308.
Blackstone, Sir Wm. 327, 748.
Brougham, Mr. 362, 378, 488.
Barker, Jacob, 412, 504.
Chamberlayne, Mr. 23, 28, 378.
Clarke, Mrs. 314.
Coburg, Prince of Saxe, 336, 391.
Cobb, Captain, 387, 777.
Cochrane, Lord, 620.
Fitzwilliam, Earl, 361.
Flower, Mr. George, 708.
Fox, Mr. 365, 422.
Folkestone, Lord Viscount, 129, 148,
Grosvenor, Lord, 506, 779.
Hunt, Mr. 33, 66, 148, 193, 223, 241,
246, 249, 495.
Horner, Mr. 145, 222, 245, 370..
Hume, Mr. 299.
Hun, Mrs. 310, 369.
Holland, Lord, 466, 631.
Ogden, the revered and ruptured,”
Palmer, Fyshe, 23, 278.
Pitt, Mr. 31, 228, 237, 238, 255, 364,
Perkins, Mr. 49, 50, 54.
Paine, 92, 131, 231, 255, 364, 422, 471,
Peel, Mr. 121, 154, 155, 318, 362.
Plunkett, Mr. 684. .
Ricardo, 80, 82, 108, 156, 246, 618.
Rush, Dr. 180.
Russell, Lord J. 309, 313.
Sebright, Sir J. 238, 247, 248.
Wolesley, Sir Charles, 329.
Sidmouth, Viscount, 133, 198, 221, 318, Wilberforce, Mr. 422.
INDEX OF PLACES.
COBBETT'S WEEKLY POLITICAL REGISTER.
LONDON, SATURDAY, AUGUST 14, 1819.
To MESSRS. JOHNSON, BAGUELY,
On their imprisonment, and on the
North Hampstead, Long Island,
you look back into history, you
They sent me, or, rather, caused
Printed by Hay and TURNER, 11, Newcastle Street, Strand,