Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted appears attended authority baptism believe Bishop blessed body called cause Christ Christian Church Clergy College common concerning conduct consider continued death discourse divine doctrine duty earth EDITOR election England established excellent express faith Father friends give Gospel grace hands hath heart holy Jesus John King late learned letter light living London Lord MAGAZINE manner matter means Methodists mind minister nature necessary never observed occasion opinion ORTHODOX parish passage person prayer preached present priest principles question readers reason received Rector religion respect sacrament Scripture sense Sermon society soul spirit thee things thou thought tion true truth unto whole wish
206. oldal - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest ? Or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the corner stone thereof ; When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
338. oldal - Holy Scriptures, and am of opinion that this " Volume, independently of its divine origin, contains more true sublimity, ' more exquisite beauty, more pure morality, more important history, and * finer strains both of Poetry and Eloquence, than can be' collected from * all other books, in whatever age or language they may have been composed.
14. oldal - Then charged he his disciples, that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. 21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders, and chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
104. oldal - ... and it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
447. oldal - Now I beseech you, brethren-, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
308. oldal - And the servant of the Lord must not strive ; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves...
309. oldal - WE are accounted righteous before God, only for the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by faith, and not for our own works or deservings...
357. oldal - ... the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation : and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb : and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever : and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
6. oldal - That no preacher of what title soever under the degree of a bishop, or dean at the least, do from henceforth presume to preach in any popular auditory the deep points of predestination, election, reprobation, or of the universality, efficacy, resistibility, or irresistibility of God's grace...