Six dissertations: The testimonies of Josephus ... vindicated. The copy of the Old Testament made use of by Josephus .... A reply to Dr. Sykes's Defence .... The chronology of the sacred Scriptures .... Remarks on Sir Isaac Newton's Observations .... A demonstration that our Saviour's ministry continued at least four years ..., 6. kötet
J. Whiston, 1734 - 347 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
againſt almoſt alſo ancient Antiquities Apocalypſe Apoſtles aſſures Aſtronomical becauſe beſt Biſhop Book Caſe cauſe Chap Charaćter Chriſt Chriſtian Chriſtian AEra Chronology Clauſe Conſequence conſiderable Copy Darkneſs diff diſcover Earthquake Ebionite Eclipſe elſewhere Empire Eſſay eſteem Euſebius firſt foretold Goſpel Greek Hebrew Herod himſelf Hiſtory Hypotheſis intirely Iſaiah Iſrael jeruſalem jeſus jewiſh jews john the Baptiſt joſe joſephus joſephus’s joſhua judea King Kingdom laſt leaſt leſs Maſorete Medes Miſtake Moon Moſes moſt muſt Nehemiah Node Aſcend Number Obſervations Occaſion Old Teſtament Olympiad paſs Paſſage Paſſion Paſſover Perſon Phlegon Predićtion preſent Prieſt Prophecies Prophets publiſhed Reaſon reſt Roman ſacred ſaid Samaritan Pentateuch ſame Saviour ſays ſecond ſee ſeems ſeen ſelf ſent Septuagint ſet ſeven ſeveral ſhall ſhewed ſhould ſince Sir Iſaac Newton ſmall ſome ſpeaks ſtand ſtill ſtrange ſuch ſuppoſed Temple Teſtimony themſelves theſe thoſe Total Eclipſe unto this Day uſed Verſes viſible whoſe wiſe
16. oldal - And thus an end was put to this sedition. " [Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man ; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ.
105. oldal - Behold, I have here at hand the fourth part of a shekel of silver: that will I give to the man of God, to tell us our way. 9 (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.) 10 Then said Saul to his servant, Well said; come, let us go.
221. oldal - And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day...
261. oldal - And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make • the stars thereof dark • I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.
96. oldal - Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
353. oldal - Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: and if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
220. oldal - And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains ; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal : yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah, king of Judah : and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
352. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves.
94. oldal - And these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, ° before there reigned any king over the children of Israel.
16. oldal - He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day" ("Antiquities of the Jews,