An apology for the true Christian divinity, as the same is held forth ... by the ... Quakers
Mary Fuller, 1737 - 574 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according accounted Acts affirm alfo anfwer Apoftle appears Authority Baptifm baptized becauſe believe Blood Body Bread called Caufe Ceremony Children Chrift Chriftians Church comes commanded concerning Confcience contrary Death deny Difference Divine Doctrine doth Evil faid faith fall fame Fathers faved feeing felf fhall fhew fhould fince firft follow fome Form fpeak fuch give given God's Gospel Grace hath Heart himſelf Holy immediate Jefus Jews John judge Juftified Knowledge Learning Light live Lord Love Man's Manner Matter meet Mind Minifters moft Name Nature neceffary never obferved Object outward Papifts Place Power pray Prayer Preaching Proteftants proved Quakers Reafon received Refpect Revelation Rule Saints Salvation Scrip Scripture Secondly Seed Sins Soul Spirit Sufferings Teftimony thefe themſelves theſe Things thofe thou tion true Truth unto Verfe Virtue Water whole World Worship
97. oldal - So he drove out the man: and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
535. oldal - Whose adorning, let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the orna-ment of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
137. oldal - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient...
551. oldal - For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
49. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
4. oldal - no man knoweth the Father but the Son, and he to whom the Son revealeth him ;' ' and seeing the revelation of the Son is in and by the Spirit ; therefore the testimony of the Spirit is that alone by which the true knowledge of God hath been, is, and can be only revealed...
281. oldal - For as many as are led by the -Spirit of God are the sons of God.
170. oldal - But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
475. oldal - Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. 10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him. 11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
163. oldal - Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you : for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.