Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Christianity; Or, the Evidences and Characters of the Christian Religion
Bp. Of Halia William Poynter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2012
Christianity, Or the Evidences and Characters of the Christian Religion ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
according Acts administer ages Amen ancient Apostles authority believe Bishop blessed blood body bread called Catholic certitude Christian church of Christ commanded communion countries cross death delivered demonstrate deny designs divine doctrines earth ecclesiastical established eternal evidence exercise existence fact faith Father gave give given glory grace hands hath heaven holy Holy Ghost human reason individual institutions intrinsic evidence Jesus Christ John kingdom knowledge light Liturgy living Lord means mind ministers ministry moral mysteries natural science objects observed obtain offer Page perfect performed person Peter Pope prayers precepts present Priest principle of natural professed question reason received relating religion religious remission revealed revealed doctrines rites Rome rule sacraments sacred salvation says Scripture sins souls spiritual taught teach testimony thee things thou tion Trinity true truth unity universality whole
21. oldal - But I have greater witness than that of John : for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me that the Father hath sent me.
48. oldal - God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead : and that in the most holy Sacrament of the Eucharist there is truly, really, and substantially the Body and Blood, together with the Soul and Divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ...
48. oldal - I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages; God of God, light of light, true God of true God; begotten not made; being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.
26. oldal - Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
33. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
21. oldal - Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles, to mock and to scourge and to crucify him; and the third day he shall rise again.
21. oldal - Behold, we go up to Jerusalem ; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: 34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.
33. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, My name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to My name a clean oblation : for My name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of Hosts
22. oldal - But Peter and John answered and said unto them, whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye ; for we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
49. oldal - Christ ; and that there is made a conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the Body, and of the whole substance of the wine into the Blood ; which conversion the Catholic Church calls Transubstantiation. I also confess that under either kind alone Christ is received whole and entire, and a true Sacrament. " ' I constantly hold that there is a purgatory, and that the souls therein detained are helped by the suffrages of the faithful.