Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absurdities according ages amongst ancient appear arguments attempt authority believe Bible body called cause character Christ Christianity Church cloth cloth lettered concerning considered consists containing continually contrary corruptions dark Deity derived divine doctrines doubt early earth Edition equally errors evidence existence faith favour follow future give given Gnostic Gospel hand heart heavens heresies Holy human Hume ignorance images infidelity infinite Jews knowledge less light live matter merely mind miracles mystics nature never notion object observe opinions original Paganism Pantheism person philosophy Popery practical present principles reason receive Reformation religion remained respect rest revelation Rome saints Saviour says scepticism Scriptures sense separate shows soul Spirit superstition supposed things thought tion true truth turn understanding universal variety vols whole worship writers
188. oldal - Per substantiam intelligo id quod in se est et per se concipitur; hoc est id, cuius conceptus non indiget conceptu alterius rei, a quo formari debeat.
106. oldal - And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee ; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth ; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
105. oldal - Let no man deceive you by any means : for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed; the son of perdition ; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped ; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
105. oldal - And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
221. oldal - I. The inflexible, and, if we may use the expression, the intolerant zeal of the Christians, derived, it is true, from the Jewish religion, but purified from the narrow and unsocial spirit which, instead of inviting, had deterred the Gentiles from embracing the law of Moses. II. The doctrine of a future life, improved by every additional circumstance which could give weight and efficacy to that important truth.