Illustrated Bible Dictionary
Cosimo, Inc., 2006. okt. 1. - 724 oldal
"The fruit of many years of loving labor," Scottish Presbyterian minister Matthew George Easton's Illustrated Bible Dictionary has become a classic reference for those studying the Bible. Originally published in 1897, three years after Easton's death, it contains almost 4,000 entries and dozens of illustrations and maps. Readers will find definitions of terms ranging from Alpha to Zuzims. In between they'll find entries both obscure and common, such as Emims (a warlike tribe of giants), Hagar (Sarah's handmaid), immortality, meekness, Pentecost (the feast of harvest), seventy weeks (a prophetic period of time before the coming of the Messiah), sling (what David used to slay the giant), and Zorah (Samson's birthplace).
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham Acts afterwards altar Ammonites Amos ancient apostle army Assyrian Authorized Version Babylon called Canaan Captivity chief Christ Christian church comp covenant David Dead Sea death denotes Dent descendants Deut divine Edom Egypt Egyptian eomp epistle Euphrates Ezek Ezra father feet Galilee gospel Greek Hebrew Hebrew word Hebron hence Herod high priest holy identified inhabitants Israelites Jacob Jehovah Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Joshua Judg king of Israel kingdom land Levite Lord Luke marg Mark Matt means ment mentioned miles Moab Moses Mount mountain Old Testament Palestine Paul Philistines plain probably prophet Prov referred reign rendered Revised Version Roman ruins Samaria Saul Scripture Sea of Galilee sent Solomon sons stone Syria tabernacle temple throne tion town tree tribe tribe of Judah valley wife wilderness worship
471. oldal - So Moses, the servant of the Lord, died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor : but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.
183. oldal - Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Beth-lehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Beth-lehem...
391. oldal - And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
614. oldal - And were carried over into Sychem, and laid in the sepulchre that Abraham bought for a sum of money of the sons of Emmor the father of Sychem.
632. oldal - They being the root of all mankind, the guilt of this sin was imputed, and the same death in sin and corrupted nature conveyed to all their posterity, descending from them by ordinary generation.
390. oldal - Say unto thy brethren, This do ye; lade your beasts, and go, get you unto the land of Canaan; and take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.
179. oldal - He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions." So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.