A Family Prayer Book: Containing Forms of Morning and Evening Prayers for a Fortnight with Those for Individuals, Religious Societies and Schools, to which is Added a Large Selection of Hymns
Press of Farmer and Brown, 1829 - 280 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acknowledge adore affections Almighty Amen beseech thee bless bring christian comfort command continually death desire direct divine duties earth enable enjoy eternal everlasting evil faith Father favour fear feel forever forgive friends fruits future give glory Gospel grace gracious grant gratitude hand happiness hath hear heart heaven heavenly hope hour humble immortal infinite Jesus Christ keep kindness knowledge laws lead light live look Lord mind morning nature never night offer ourselves parents peace pleasures praise pray prayer prepared presence Preserver providence pure raise receive Redeemer rejoice religion remember rest rich rise sacred Saviour servant sins sorrow soul spirit strength suffer thank thee thine things thou art thou hast thoughts thy holy thy mercy thy name tions true trust truth unto unto thee wilt thou wisdom wise worship
96. oldal - More especially, we pray for the good estate of the Catholic Church; that it may be so guided and governed by thy good Spirit, that all who profess and call themselves Christians, may be led into the way of truth, and hold the faith in unity of spirit, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
58. oldal - Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him. For he knoweth our frame ; He remembereth that we are dust.
96. oldal - We bless thee for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life, but above all for thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace and for the hope of glory. And we beseech thee give us that due sense of all thy mercies that our hearts may be unfeignedly thankful...
94. oldal - Heaven and earth are full of the majesty of thy glory. The glorious company of the apostles praise thee. The goodly fellowship of the prophets praise thee. The noble army of martyrs praise thee. The holy Church throughout all the world doth acknowledge thee: the Father of an infinite majesty; thine honourable, true and only Son; also the Holy Ghost the Comforter.
133. oldal - Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
205. oldal - God, who hast given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications unto thee; and dost promise that when two or three are gathered together in thy Name thou wilt grant their requests; Fulfil now, O Lord, the desires and petitions of thy servants, as may be most expedient for them; granting us in this world knowledge of thy truth, and in the world to come life everlasting.
199. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, the fountain of all wisdom, Who knowest our necessities before we ask, and our ignorance in asking ; We beseech Thee to have compassion upon our infirmities ; and those things, which for our unworthiness we dare not, and for our blindness we cannot ask, vouchsafe to give us, for the worthiness of Thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
163. oldal - That it may please thee to bring into the way of truth all such as have erred, and are deceived; We beseech thee to hear us, good Lord.
244. oldal - GOD of mercy, God of love, Hear our sad, repentant song ; Sorrow dwells on every face. Penitence on every tongue*. 2 Deep regret for follies past, Talents wasted, time misspent; Hearts debased by worldly cares, Thankless for the blessings lent; 3 Foolish fears, and fond desires, Vain regrets for things as vain ; Lips too seldom taught to praise, Oft to murmur and complain : 4 These, and every secret fault, Filled with grief and shame we own , Humbled at thy feet we lie, Seeking pardon from thy throne.