Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Religion of Ancient Britain, Historically Considered (Classic Reprint)
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
The Religion of Ancient Britain, Historically Considered: Or, a Succinct ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
afterward ages ANCIENT BRITAIN Anglo-Saxon Anglo-Saxon church Antiquities apostles appears appointed archbishop Augustine authority Bampton Lecture baptism Bede believe bishop bishop of Rome Bishop Stillingfleet blessed British church Britons Caesar called century character Christ Christian circumstances clergy connexion consecrated Cornwall council death deities divine doctrines Druids Dubricius Dunstan early Ecclesiastical History error evident exhibit extent faith father favour Gaul gods gospel Greek hath Heathen heaven Hence holy honour important influence inhabitants island king kingdom labours language learning lived Lord manner Mercia mind ministers monastery monks nations Northumbria observed Odin opinion Pelagianism period persons Picts piety possessed prayers preached presbyters priests primitive prince principles received RELIGION OF ANCIENT religious remarkable respecting rites Roman Rome Romish sacrament sacred sacrifices saints Saxon says scripture soul spirit superstition supposed Tacitus Tertullian things tion traditions truth Vortigern Wilfrid word worship writers
425. oldal - to be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord.
465. oldal - Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works ; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
153. oldal - Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God , which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
153. oldal - Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
470. oldal - But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me...
182. oldal - Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
45. oldal - Beer-sheba ; because there they sware both of them. 32 Thus they made a covenant at Beer-sheba: then Abimelech rose up, and Phichol the chief captain of his host, and they returned into the land of the Philistines. 33 ^f And Abraham planted a ' grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LOUD, the everlasting God. 34 And Abraham sojourned in the Philistines
149. oldal - The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed. Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof...
149. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot, or unruly.