A New Universal History of the Religious Rites, Ceremonies and Customs, of the Whole World, Or, A Complete and Impartial View of All the Religions in the Various Nations of the Universe, Both Ancient and Modern, from the Creation Down to the Present Time ...: Together with the History of the Reformed Churches ... : to which is Added, A Geographical Description of the Various Parts, the Religious Rites and Ceremonies of Whose Inhabitants are Faithfully Described
Richard Evans, 1814 - 912 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according altar ancient appear attended authority believe bishop blessed body brought called carried Catholics century ceremony Christ Christians church concerning considered consists continued cross custom deacon dead death deceased divine earth enter faith father fire give given Greeks ground hand happened head heathens heaven holy honour idols images imagine Italy Jews king learned least light likewise lived look Lord manner marry means monks nature never notion obliged observed occasion offer opinion particular performed Persian person pope practice prayers present priest reason received relations religion religious repeats respect Roman Rome sacred sent soon sorts soul stand taken temple thing tion took true truth whole women worship young
26. oldal - Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not ; for he will not pardon your transgressions : for my name is in him.
238. oldal - Whose sins ye remit they are remitted; and whose sins ye retain they are retained.
21. oldal - But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
21. oldal - And it came to pass, when the ark set forward, that Moses said, Rise up, Lord, and let thine enemies be scattered ; and let them that hate thee flee before thee.
31. oldal - ... having changed the glory of the incorruptible God, into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
139. oldal - Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona ; for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock will I build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
366. oldal - Ayesha, he heard a knocking at his door ; upon which, arising, he found there the angel Gabriel, with seventy pair of wings, expanded from his sides, whiter than snow, and clearer than crystal, and the beast Alborak standing by him ; which, they say, is the beast on which the prophets used to ride, when they were carried from one place to another, upon the execution of any divine command.
51. oldal - And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.