Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ascidian assertion atheism believe Bible body catacombs of Rome character Christ Christian church conception condition consciousness Crito dead death destiny divine divine sovereignty doctrine doubt duty earth element ence enduring eternal evil existence eyes fact faith feature feel force forever freedom future gilt top God's Goethe gospel heart heaven Hence hold hope human nature ical identity immortality inspiration James Freeman Clarke John Woolman Judea judgment kingdom of heaven light live logic look matter meaning ment mind moral nature mystery ness never Pantheism pass penalty perfect philosophy physical pity present principle punishment question reach reason regard relation religion resurrection revelation righteousness Sabbatical Samuel Johnson Scriptures sense simply sleep society soul spirit suffering Theology theory thing thought tion true truth ture universe utter whole wisdom words wrought
294. oldal - ... rebel powers that thee array, Why dost thou pine within and suffer dearth, Painting thy outward walls so costly gay? Why so large cost, having so short a lease, Dost thou upon thy fading mansion spend ? Shall worms, inheritors of this excess, Eat up thy charge? is this thy body's end? Then, soul, live thou upon thy servant's loss, And let that pine to aggravate thy store; Buy terms divine in selling hours of dross; Within be fed, without be rich no more: So shalt thou feed on Death, that feeds...
171. oldal - And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land, unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you ; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
358. oldal - Though nothing can bring back the hour Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find Strength in what remains behind...
358. oldal - The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together : our virtues would be proud if our faults whipped them not; and our crimes would despair if they were not cherished by our virtues.
316. oldal - To plague the inventor; this even-handed justice Commends the ingredients of our poison'd chalice To our own lips.
151. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor : He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.
230. oldal - That each, who seems a separate whole, Should move his rounds, and fusing all The skirts of self again, should fall Remerging in the general Soul, Is faith as vague as all unsweet: Eternal form shall still divide The eternal soul from all beside; And I shall know him when we meet...
47. oldal - Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
92. oldal - Through the dear might of Him that walked the waves; Where, other groves and other streams along, With nectar pure his oozy locks he laves, And hears the unexpressive nuptial song In the blest kingdoms meek of joy and love. There entertain him all the saints above In solemn troops, and sweet societies That sing, and singing in their glory move, And wipe the tears for ever from his eyes.