Annals of British Legislation: Being a Classified and Analysed Summary of Public Bills, Statutes, Accounts and Papers, Reports of Committees and of Commissioners, and of Sessional Papers Generally, of the Houses of Lords and Commons; Together with Accounts of Commercial Legislation, Tariffs, and Facts, Relating to Foreign Countries, 12. kötet
Smith, Elder, 1863
acres allowed amount appears applied army authority average Board British carried cause cent charges claims collection Commissioners Committee common consideration considered cost Council courts cwts desirable direct district Ditto duty effect ended England entered established European examination existing expenditure expense extent fact force foreign France Fund further give given Government granted House important increase India interest Italy King Kingdom land less letter Lord John Russell Majesty's Government March means ment miles native nature necessary object obtained officers opinion paid party persons population ports possession practice present principal question railway received reference regard relations relief respect result Russell schools ships spirits taken tion tons trade treaty United vessels whole
140. oldal - The commissioners, so named, shall meet, at London at the earliest convenient period after they shall have been respectively named ; and shall, before proceeding to any business, make and subscribe a solemn declaration that they will impartially and carefully examine and decide, to the best of their judgment, and according to justice and equity...
141. oldal - The Commissioners shall keep an accurate record, and correct minutes or notes of all their proceedings, with the dates thereof, and may appoint and employ a secretary, and any other necessary officer or officers, to assist them in the transaction of the business which may come before them.
406. oldal - entitled to the like pay, pensions, allowances, and privileges, and the like advantages as regards promotion and otherwise, as if they had continued in the service of the said Company.
108. oldal - That eminent jurist Vattel, when discussing the lawfulness of the assistance given by the United Provinces to the Prince of Orange when he invaded England and overturned the throne of James II., says — 'The authority of the Prince of Orange had doubtless an influence on the deliberations of the States-General, but it did not lead them to the commission of an act of injustice, for when a people for good reasons take up arms against an oppressor, it is but an act of justice and generosity to assist...
141. oldal - ... make and subscribe a solemn declaration in a form similar to that which shall already have been made and subscribed by the commissioners, which shall be entered on the record of their proceedings.
77. oldal - Lord Jesus, who came into the world to seek and to save that which was lost, who found me also, when I was travelling the broad road in which you are walking at present.
138. oldal - Honduras the country hitherto occupied or possessed by the Mosquito Indians within the frontier of that Republic, whatever that frontier may be. The British protectorate of that part of the Mosquito territory...
141. oldal - Parties hereby solemnly engage to consider the decision of the Commissioners conjointly, or of the Arbitrator or Umpire, as the case may be, as absolutely final and conclusive in each case decided upon by them or him, respectively.
140. oldal - Indians, shall be confirmed, provided the same shall not exceed in any case the extent of one hundred yards square, if within the limits of San Juan or Greytown, or one league square if without the same, and provided that such grant shall not interfere with other legal grants made previously to that date by Spain, the Republic of Central America, or Nicaragua; and provided further, that no such grant shall include territory desired by the Government of the latter State, for forts, arsenals, or other...
167. oldal - We now give from a similarly official source, an account of the declared value of British and Irish produce and manufactures exported from the United Kingdom to each foreign country and British possession in the year 1856, compared with the year 1855 : — Boxes.