Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according amount annuities appears bart begins Bill Bridge British called Catholic Christian Church Clerk cloud commencement Commissioners Committee COMMONS consequence consist continued Court cycle directed Ditto divided division Duke duty Earl East effect England equal Establishment exceeding feet four George give given greatest House important improved Ireland James John July June justice land length less letters London Lord March Mean measure miles minutes months moon nearly observed Office passed patent period person possession present produced quantity quarter received relief respect Right road Roman Secretary session Society Street taken temperature Term Treas Treasurer United yards
127. oldal - ... in order that such person may be secured until he can be brought before a justice of the peace, to be dealt with according to law...
170. oldal - An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland ; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons Mates, and Serjeant Majors of the Militia ; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-commissioned Officers.
29. oldal - All Nature seems at work. Slugs leave their lair — The bees are stirring — birds are on the wing — And Winter slumbering in the open air, Wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring! And I the while, the sole unbusy thing, Nor honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing.
127. oldal - ... every person wandering abroad and endeavouring by the exposure of wounds or deformities to obtain or gather alms ; every person going about as a gatherer or collector of alms, or endeavouring to procure charitable contributions of any nature or kind, • under any false or fraudulent pretence...
127. oldal - Law ; every Common Prostitute wandering in the public Streets or public Highways, or in any Place of public Resort, and behaving in a riotous or indecent Manner ; and every Person wandering abroad, or placing himself or herself in any public Place, Street, Highway, Court or Passage, to beg or gather Alms, or causing or procuring or encouraging any Child or Children so to do, shall be deemed an idle and disorderly Person...
18. oldal - And the children of Israel did so and gathered, some more, some less. And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.
127. oldal - ... every person wandering abroad, or placing himself or herself in any public place, street, highway, court, or passage, to beg or gather alms, or causing or procuring or encouraging any child or children so to do, shall be deemed an idle and disorderly person within the true intent and meaning of this act...
68. oldal - ... of a grain. By comparing the number of grains in the Avoirdupois and Troy pound and ounce respectively, it appears that the Troy pound is less than the Avoirdupois, in the proportion of 14 to 17 nearly ; but the Troy ounce is greater than the Avoirdupois, in the proportion of 79 to 72 nearly.
127. oldal - ... to apprehend all loose, idle, and disorderly persons, whom he shall find disturbing the public peace, or whom he shall have just cause to suspect of any evil designs, and all persons whom he shall find, between sunset and the hour of eight in the forenoon, lying in any highway, yard, or other place, or loitering therein, and not giving a satisfactory account of themselves...
122. oldal - The absence of crime will be considered the best proof of the complete efficiency of the Police. In Divisions, where this security and good order have been effected, the Officers and Men belonging to it may feel assured that such good conduct will be noticed by rewards and promotion.