Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abd-el-Kader ADVERTISEMENTS connected afford agricultural Algeria amount appears ARTS Author Borneo bound British British India cent character Christian Church cloth colonial commercial common connected with LITERATURE corn corn-law Court D'Ewes Dictionary duty Dyaks Edinburgh Edinburgh Review effect England English Engravings evil existence export fact favour foreign France French Greek History House Illustrations important improvement India interest Ireland John John Snow King labour land late Leibnitz less London Longman Lord Lord King Lord Mansfield Malay manufactures Marabout means ment miles morocco nature opinion original Parliament passed passengers peculiar persons poem Poor-Law population Port Essington post 8vo practice present principle produce profit published question railway readers remarkable respect Royal Sahara Sarawak Scotland Second Edition Spain spirit thing tion trade Translated tribes truth vols volume whole Woodcuts words
33. oldal - Rowton's Debater : A Series of complete Debates, Outlines of Debates, and Questions for Discussion ; with ample References to the best Sources of Information on each particular Topic.
73. oldal - It is a nest of wasps, or swarm of vermin which have overcrept the land. I mean the Monopolies and Pollers of the people : these, like the Frogs of Egypt, have gotten possession of our dwellings, and we have scarce a room free from them. They sup in our cup.
378. oldal - ... that the law was the golden metwand and measure to try the causes of the subjects, and which protected his Majesty in safety and peace. With which the King was greatly offended, and said that then he should be under the law, which was treason to affirm, as he said; to which I said that Bracton saith, quod Rex non debet esse sub homine sed sub Deo et lege [that the King ought not to be under man but under God and under the law—BT\.
16. oldal - Bourne. -— A Treatise on the Steam Engine, in its Application to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation. and Railways. By the Artisan Club. Edited by JOHN BOURNE, CE New Edition; with 33 Steel Plates, and 349 Wood Engravings.
3. oldal - HENRY'S FIRST LATIN BOOK. Seventh Edition. 3s. The object of this Work (which is founded on the principles of imitation and frequent repetition) is to enable the pupil to do exercises from the first day of his beginning his Accidence. It is recommended by the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education, as a useful work for Middle or Commercial Schools ; and adopted at the National Society's Training College at Chelsea.
9. oldal - The Debater ; a Series of Complete Debates, Outlines of Debates, and Questions for Discussion. *By F. ROWTON. Fcp.
20. oldal - ACCOUNT, DESCRIPTIVE AND STATISTICAL, of the BRITISH EMPIRE; exhibiting its Extent, Physical Capacities, Population, Industry, and Civil and Religious Institutions.
204. oldal - The stationariness of religion; the assumption that the age of inspiration is past, that the Bible is closed; the fear of degrading the character of Jesus by representing him as a man; indicate with sufficient clearness the falsehood of our theology!!!
1. oldal - LETTERS OF THE KINGS OF ENGLAND.— Now first collected from the Originals in Royal Archives, and from other Authentic Sources, private as well as public. Edited, with Historical Introduction and Notes, by JO Halliwell.