Translation of the answer of the Synod
ioS To Eustochiura memorials of her mother
109 To the presbyter Riparius in Spain on
Life of Paul the First Hermit
Malchus the Captive Monk
against Helvidius The perpetual virginity
Prefaces to the Commentaries 495 Book II eh 57 addressed to Eustochium
Preface to Commentary on Ezekiet Book XIII PrelacetoCommentaryonMicah Bookl i iv
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers: Second Series, Volume VI Jerome
Korlátozott előnézet - 2007
according Acts angels answer apostle become believe bishop blessed body bring brother brought called cause chastity Christ Christian Church comes command condemned daughter dead death desire earth evil eyes faith father fear flesh follow give given Gospel hand hath hear heart heaven hold holy husband Italy Jerome John keep leave letter live look Lord Luke marriage married Matt meaning mind monks mother nature never once Origen pass passage Paul persons poor praise present prophet question reason receive reply Rome Scripture sins soul speak spirit suppose taken teach tell thee things thou thought tion translation true turn unto virgin virtue whole widows wife wish woman women write written
40. oldal - Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep ; in journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren ; in weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often,...
143. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot, or unruly.
34. oldal - For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy : for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
171. oldal - Raca, shall be in danger of the council : but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore, if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee, leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
228. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it: if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
370. oldal - SING, O barren, thou that didst not bear ; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child : for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
90. oldal - Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom : and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee : she shall bring thee to honour when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace; a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
277. oldal - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me ; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.