The Ancient Testimony of the Religious Society of Friends: Respecting Some of Their Christian Doctrines and Practices
Joseph Rakestraw, 1843 - 84 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according advice advised apostle appears appointed assistance attention bear become believe blessed bondage bring brought buying called Christian church clear committee concern consideration considered continued death desire directed divine doctrine duty encourage endeavour engaged evil exercise experience faith Father feel Friends further give given gospel grace hands hath hearts heaven held hold Holy Ghost Holy Scriptures Holy Spirit immediate importing instruction Jesus Christ judgment keeping knowledge labour liberty light living Lord manifest matter mind minute month monthly meetings nature negroes object persons practice present principles profession purchasing Quarterly Meeting receive record religion religious respecting revelation righteousness rule salvation saving says Scriptures sense sent sins slavery slaves Society soul speaking sufferings testimony things tion true truth unto views wisdom witness writing Yearly Meeting
26. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people : And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
69. oldal - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
26. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
29. oldal - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth : for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak : and he will show you things to come.
69. oldal - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
29. oldal - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him. But ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.
59. oldal - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire...
20. oldal - Seeing no man knoweth the Father but the Son, and he to whom the Son revealeth him...
60. oldal - In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ ; buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead...