Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
amongst ancient animals apostles appear Armenia assertion believe Bible account Bishop Butler chapter character Christ Christian Church Colenso conscience creation Creator dark death Deity described Deucalion discoveries Divine authority doctrine earth Elohistic eternal evidence evil existence facts faith flood Genesis geologic periods geologist geology globe God's gospel heart heathen heaven heavenly Hebrew historian holy Hugh Miller human race hypothesis inhabitants inspiration Jehovistic Jesus Jews John Herschel judgment language lecture light of nature Lord man's mankind miracles moral Mosaic record Moses mountains narrative nations Noachian Deluge Noah objection Old Testament origin Palaeozoic Pentateuch period phenomena planet Plato principles prophecy prophets reason religion revelation sacred says scientific Scripture seems sense serpent shadow shew speak species spirit STOURBRIDGE suppose surface Testament testimony things thou thousand tion tradition truth verse waters whilst whole words writers
72. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
56. oldal - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality; then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
57. oldal - These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens...
20. oldal - But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
21. oldal - For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished; but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
19. oldal - For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
20. oldal - By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
21. oldal - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was apreparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
5. oldal - To conclude therefore, let no man, upon a weak conceit of sobriety or an ill-applied moderation, think or maintain that a man can search too far or be too well studied in the book of God's word or in the book of God's works ; divinity or philosophy ; but rather let men endeavour an endless progress or proficience in both...