Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acre advance Agriculture Amount annual application Arts attendance Balance Board of Regents Brown building bushels Butler Campbell Carr cent charge Chemistry classes Classical close College commencement Committee completed course Daniel Dean Elective ending English examination exercises expenses experiments Faculty farm fund Geometry German given grain Greek grounds Hall Henry History income institution instruction interest J. W. Sterling James John July June labor lands Language Latin Lectures Library Literature loan Madison March Mathematics means meeting methods Natural Normal paid Philosophy planted Point pounds practical Preparatory prepared present President productive Prof Professor Read receipts received rooms salary School Science scientific Second Term Secretary seed Sept September subjects Term Third tion Treasurer University University of Wisconsin warrants weeks Weight Wisconsin Yield young
1. oldal - State which may take and claim the benefit of this act, to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts...
2. oldal - Fourth. An annual report shall be made regarding the progress of each college, recording any improvements and experiments made, with their cost and results, and such other matters, including State industrial and economical statistics, as may be supposed useful ; one copy of which shall be transmitted by mail free, by each, to all the other colleges which may be endowed under the provisions of this act, and also one copy to the Secretary of the Interior.
1. oldal - That all the expenses of management, superintendence, and taxes from date of selection of said lands, previous to their sales, and all expenses incurred in the management and disbursement of the moneys which may be received therefrom, shall be paid by the States to which they '-* may belong, out of the treasury of said States, so that the entire proceeds of the sale of said lands shall be applied without any diminution whatever to the purposes hereinafter mentioned.
31. oldal - Instruction, who shall hold his office for two years, and whose duties shall be prescribed by law. 2. The Legislature shall encourage, by all suitable means, the promotion of intellectual, scientifical, and agricultural improvement. The proceeds of all lands that have been or hereafter may be granted by the United States to this State, for the support of schools, which...
4. oldal - ... is hereby annulled. ART. XXXIII. A majority of the members of each branch of the general court shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, but a less number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members.
1. oldal - States in sections or subdivisions of sections, not less than onequarter of a section; and whenever there are public lands in a State subject to sale at private entry at one dollar and twentyfive cents per acre, the quantity to which said State shall be entitled shall be selected from such lands within the limits of such State...
1. oldal - ... that the moneys so invested shall constitute a perpetual fund, the capital of which shall remain forever undiminished, (except so far as may be provided in section fifth of this act.) and the interest of which shall be inviolably appropriated, by each State which may take and claim the benefit of this act, to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least 48 one college where the leading object shall be.
2. oldal - When lands shall be selected from those which have been raised to double the minimum price, in consequence of railroad grants, they shall be computed to the States at the maximum price, and the number of acres proportionally diminished. Sixth. No State while in a condition of rebellion or insurrection against the Government of the United States shall be entitled to the benefit of this act.
2. oldal - No portion of said fund, nor the interest thereon, shall be applied, directly or indirectly, under any pretense whatever, to the purchase, erection, preservation, or repair of any building or buildings.