The Religious World Displayed: Or, A View of the Four Grand Systems of Religion, Judaism, Paganism, Christianity, and Mohammedism, and of the Various Existing Denominations, Sects, and Parties in the Christian World : to which is Subjoined a View of Deism and Atheism, 3. kötet
Moses Thomas, 1818
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according admitted adopted allow America appear Assembly Atheist Baptists believe Bishop body brethren called Christ Christian church civil communion concerning conduct congregations considered consists constitution continue denomination discipline Dissenters distinguished divine doctrine doubt duty elders England equal established faith formed former friends give given gospel ground hand held History hold Holy human Independents Jesus John kingdom late learned Letters live London Lord Lord's maintained means meeting Methodists mind ministers nature never observed opinion origin particular parties persons practice prayer preach preachers Presbytery present principles profess Protestant published Quakers reason received religion religious respect rule Scotland Scrip Scriptures sect seems sense separation society soon speaking spirit Synod term things tion true truth universal various Wesley whole worship writings
494. oldal - It is true that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. For, while the mind of man looketh upon second causes scattered, it may sometimes rest in them and go no further, but, when it beholdeth the chain of them confederate and linked together, it must needs fly to Providence and Deity.
472. oldal - Because half a dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle, reposed beneath the shadow of the British oak, chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine, that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field...
369. oldal - Then in the full sense of the words (Rev. xi. 15.) " shall the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever.
129. oldal - Such a society is no other than "a company of men having the form and seeking the power of Godliness, united in order to pray together, to receive the word of exhortation, and to watch over one another in love, that they may help each other to work out their salvation.
113. oldal - It is expected of all who desire to continue in these societies that they should continue to evidence their desire of salvation: Thirdly, by attending upon all the ordinances of God. Such are the public worship of God; the ministry of the Word, either read or expounded; the Supper of the Lord; family and private prayer; searching the Scriptures; and fasting, or abstinence.
108. oldal - Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
416. oldal - It is all old wives' fables to talk of the change of the Sabbath from the seventh to the first day.
195. oldal - I protest before God and your lordships, that I profess and allow with my heart the true religion presently professed within this realm, and authorised by the laws thereof ; I shall abide thereat, and defend the same to my life's end, renouncing the Roman religion called papistry.