A Dissent from the Church of England Fully Justified: And Proved to be the Genuine and Just Consequence of the Allegiance which is Due to Jesus Christ, the Only Lawgiver in the Church : Being the Dissenting Gentleman's Letters, &c. in Answer to the Letters of the Rev. Mr. White on that Subject
B. Flower, 1804 - 319 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
acknowledge amongst answer apostles appear appointed assent authority baptism believe bishops body canons cause ceremonies Christ christian church of England civil claim clergy command common communion concerning conscience considered constitution convocation dangerous decree Defence direct Dissenters divine doctrine doubt ecclesiastical enjoined established faith Father forms give given governors hands hath head holy honour hope important institution Jesus Christ judge judgment king kingdom learned least Letter liberty live Lord Lord's magistrate manner matters mean mind ministers nature never obliged observe ordination parliament pastors persons pray Prayer Presbyterian present presume pretend priest principles protest Queen reason receive reformation refuse religion religious rites Rome sacrament scripture separation solemnly spirit stand subscribe surely things thought tion true truth whole worship
260. oldal - Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
274. oldal - Works done before the grace of Christ, and the Inspiration of his Spirit, are not pleasant to God, forasmuch as they spring not of faith in Jesus Christ...
190. oldal - THE visible Church of Christ is a congregation of faithful men, in the which the pure Word of God is preached, and the Sacraments be duly ministered according to Christ's ordinance, in all those things that of necessity are requisite to the same.
5. oldal - The Church hath power to decree Rites or Ceremonies, and authority in Controversies of Faith: And yet it is not lawful for the Church to ordain any thing that is contrary to God's Word written, neither may it so expound one place of Scripture, that it be repugnant to another.
29. oldal - The FATHER is made of none : neither created, nor begotten. The SON is of the FATHER alone ; not made, nor created, but begotten. The HOLY GHOST is of the FATHER and the SON; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
215. oldal - I verily believe and hope) impartial search of the true way to eternal happiness, do profess plainly that I cannot find any rest for the sole of my foot, but upon this rock only. I see plainly, and with mine own eyes, that there are popes against popes, councils against councils, some fathers against others, the same fathers against themselves, a consent of fathers of one age against a consent of fathers of another age, the church of one age against the church of another age ; traditive interpretations...
308. oldal - Put not your trust in princes, nor in the sons of men, for in them there is no salvation."*** He was soon able, however, to collect his courage; and he prepared himself to suffer the fatal sentence.
20. oldal - But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.