Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
2d wife 2dly acres afterward Albany Anna Anne Augustine Herrman Benjamin Harrison Bohemia born Brandon brother Burwell Cary Charles Carroll Charles Carter Church circa Colonel John Colonel John Page Colonial Corotoman Council County daughter death descendants died Edward eldest Eliza Elizabeth England Evelyn Byrd father Francis George Gloucester Co Governor Graeme Park Henry Hill issue Jane Byrd John Carter John Stockton Judith June Kiliaen Kiliaen Van Rensselaer King Carter land Landon Carter letter Lewis lived Lord Lucy Mann Mann Page Manor mansion Maria married Mary Maryland Matthew Morven Nelson Nomini parish Patroon Philadelphia Philip plantation portrait President Randolph RENS Rensselaer Rensselaerswyck Richard Stockton Richmond Robert Carter Robert Livingston Rosewell Sabine Hall Samuel Sarah SELAER Sept Shirley Signer Thomas Coates Virginia Walker Washington William Byrd Wormeley York young
27. oldal - The testimony of the monument is prolix and exhaustive, forestalling, one might suppose, the necessity of any other post-mortem memorial. " Here lieth the Honorable William Byrd, Esq. Being born to one of the amplest fortunes in this country, he was sent early to England for his education, where, under the care and direction of Sir Robert Southwell, and ever favored with his particular instructions, he made a happy proficiency in polite and various learning. By the means of the same noble friend,...
134. oldal - But evil things, in robes of sorrow, Assailed the monarch's high estate ; (Ah, let us mourn, for never morrow Shall dawn upon him desolate!) And round about his home the glory That blushed and bloomed. Is but a dim-remembered story Of the old time entombed.
312. oldal - That it is inseparably essential to the freedom of a people, and the undoubted right of Englishmen, that no taxes be imposed on them but with their own consent, given personally or by their representatives.
125. oldal - Maries at the two most usual feasts in the year viz : at the feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and at the feast of Saint Michael the Archangel...
15. oldal - Her throat is like the swan; Her face it is the fairest That e'er the sun shone on— That e'er the sun shone on— And dark blue is her ee; And for bonnie Annie Laurie I'd lay me doun and dee. Like dew on the gowan lying Is the fa...
41. oldal - Petersburg. These major Mayo offered to lay out into lots without fee or reward. The truth of it is, these two places being the uppermost landing of James and Appomattox rivers, are naturally intended for marts, where the traffic of the outer inhabitants must center. Thus we did not build castles only, but also cities in the air.
188. oldal - He was my father's father, who might also have been appointed to the office of a Councillor, but he declined it in favour of his younger brother John Page, who, my father said, having been brought up in the study of the Law regularly, was a much more proper person for that office than he was.
42. oldal - And thus he bore without abuse The grand old name of gentleman, Defamed by every charlatan, And soil'd with all ignoble use.
355. oldal - Thank you, doctor, not just now; this ceremony is so deeply interesting to the Christian that it supplies all the wants of Nature. I feel no desire for food.
39. oldal - ... had like to have treated him roughly. After excusing the unseasonableness of his visit and letting us know he was a parliament man, he swore he was so taken with our lodging that he would set fire to his house as soon as he got home and teach his wife and children to lie, like us, in the open field.