Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Apostle appear believe blessed blind brethren bring called cast cause Christ christian church concerning consideration creatures dead death designed desires direct divine doctrine earth effect elected endless enemies eternal everlasting evident evil existence eyes fact faith Father favor fire flesh friends future gave give given glory gospel grace hand hath hearer heart heaven hell holy hope immortal Israel Jesus Jews Joseph judgment LECTURE light living Lord mankind means mind misery moral nature never notice object parent passage Paul present promise prophet prove punishment question reason received recompense reconciled represented requires rest righteousness salvation saved Saviour says scriptures seems sent sinners sins soul speak spirit sufferings suppose surely testimony thee things thou tion true truth unto whole wicked wisdom wrath
48. oldal - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of Angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
129. oldal - I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall ? God forbid : but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now, if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness...
163. oldal - WHEN the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us ; whereof we are glad.
31. oldal - Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
128. oldal - What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded 'according as it is written, 'God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.
230. oldal - But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost ; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour ; that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
228. oldal - According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue...
57. oldal - But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.