Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
admirable ancient artsul Author Avarice Balaam beautisul beauty blest bliss Boileau Cæfar cause character COMMENTARY creature Dæmon dissiculty divine Duchess of Marlborough Dunciad elegant Epistle equal Essay essect Ev'n ev'ry evil expence faid fame fatire fays folly fool foul give Happiness hath Heav'n honour human insinite King knave Lady lines lise live Lord Lord Bathurst Lord Hervey Lordship Lucretius magnisicence mankind manner mind moral Nature Nature's never noble NOTES numbers object observed opinion ossice Parterres passage persect person Philosopher Plato pleasure Poem Poet Poet's poetry Pope Pope's pow'r pride principle racters Reason Religion Riches ridicule Ruling Passion Sappho Satire Self-love Sense shews sigure sine sinished sire sirst sublime surther sussicient taste thee things thou thought thro true truth univerfal vanity VARIATIONS verse Vice Virtue Voltaire Warburton Warton whole
56. oldal - All discord, harmony not understood ; All partial evil, universal good : And, spite of pride, in erring reason's spite, One truth is clear, WHATEVER is, is RIGHT.
52. oldal - Lives through all life, extends through all extent, Spreads undivided, operates unspent ; Breathes in our soul, informs our mortal part, As full, as perfect in a hair as heart ; As full, as perfect in vile man that mourns, As the rapt seraph that adores and burns. To Him no high, no low, no great, no small ; He fills, He bounds, connects and equals all.
64. oldal - Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is man. Placed on this isthmus of a middle state, A being darkly wise, and rudely great: With too much knowledge for the sceptic side, With too much weakness for the Stoic's pride, He hangs between; in doubt to act, or rest; In doubt to deem himself a God, or beast; In doubt his mind or body to prefer; Born but to die, and reas'ning but to err...
147. oldal - Parnassian laurels yield, Or reap'd in iron harvests of the field ? • Where grows ? — where grows it not? If vain our toil, We ought to blame the culture, not the soil...
247. oldal - I must paint it. Come then, the colours and the ground prepare ! Dip in the Rainbow, trick her off in Air ; Choose a firm Cloud, before it fall, and in it Catch, ere she change, the Cynthia of this minute.
48. oldal - To serve mere engines to the ruling mind ? Just as absurd for any part to claim To be another in this...
105. oldal - Who for thy table feeds the wanton fawn, For him as kindly spread the flow'ry lawn : Is it for thee the lark ascends and sings? Joy tunes his voice, joy elevates his wings.
306. oldal - Or in proud falls magnificently lost, But clear and artless, pouring through the plain Health to the sick, and solace to the swain.
15. oldal - Say first, of God above, or man below, What can we reason, but from what we know ? Of man, what see we but his station here, From which to reason, or to which refer ? Thro' worlds unnumber'd tho' the God be known, "Tis ours to trace him only in our own.