Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affection Apostle appear attention authority become believe benevolence blessed body called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances command common conduct consider danger death desire direct doctrines duty employed endeavour equally evil exercise existence experience fact faith Father favour fear feel followers give Gospel greater habits happiness heart heaven holy hope human important influence instances interests Jesus judgment kind language learned less live look Lord Lord's mankind means ment mind moral nature neighbour never objects observe occasion once opinions ourselves particular passions performed persons pleasure practice praise present principle produce reason receive reflection regard religion religious Sacrament says Scriptures self-love selfish sense sentiment social sometimes spirit stand suffer supposed surely term things thought tion truth understanding unto various virtue whole writers
167. oldal - Wherefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
407. oldal - And he came near, and kissed him : and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed...
181. oldal - YE that do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and are in love and charity with your neighbours, and intend to lead a new life, following the commandments of God, and walking from henceforth in his holy ways ; Draw near with faith, and take this holy Sacrament to your comfort ; and make your humble confession to Almighty God, meekly kneeling upon your knees.
123. oldal - And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
244. oldal - Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven ? (that is, to bring Christ down from above ;) or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it ? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart : that is, the word of faith which we preach...
244. oldal - For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us that we may hear it and do it?
143. oldal - Sacraments ordained of Christ be not only badges or tokens of Christian men's profession, but rather they be certain sure witnesses, and effectual signs of grace, and God's good will towards us, by the which he doth work invisibly in us, and doth not only quicken, but also strengthen and confirm our Faith in him.
159. oldal - And because it is requisite, that no man should come to the holy Communion, but with a full trust in God's mercy, and with a quiet conscience...