A defence of Scripture doctrines, as understood by the Church of England; in reply to a pamphlet entitled 'Scripture the only guide to religious truth'. In a series of letters to D. Eaton
William Blanchard, 1800 - 118 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able admit allow Apostle appear asserts atonement attempt believe blood Book born brought called character Christ Christians Church conclusion considered contrary death depravity Disciples Divine Doctrines effect enter Establishment eternal evidence examine express Father figurative forgiveness gift give given glory God's Gospel grace guilty hath heart Heaven hold Holy Holy Ghost hope human idea important inability interpretation Jesus Christ John justice LETTER live Lord means mind moral Narrative nature necessary never obedience obey objection offered Page passage persons practice pray principles produced promise proof proper Prophets prove Psalm Publication punish quoted reason receive religion religious represent revealed salvation saving faith Scripture sense shew sinners sins Socinian speak Spirit sufferings suppose teach texts things tion true truth understand unto wicked writers
50. oldal - Shew me thy ways, O Lord ; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation ; on thee do I wait all the day.
104. oldal - Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
65. oldal - The wind bloweth where it lifteth, and thou heareft the found thereof, but canft not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth ; fo is every one that is born of the Spirit.
90. oldal - But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, 'He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
50. oldal - All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
61. oldal - And my fpeech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wifdom, but in demonftration of the Spirit and of power : that your faith fhould not ftand in the wifdom of men, but in the power of God...
40. oldal - I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No one taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my FATHER.
41. oldal - Redeemer for his friend has all things that he needs, for "he that spared not his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things ?