Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Account againſt agreed alſo Anſwer appear Arms Army Bill Biſhop Body brought called carried Cauſe charged Charles Chief Church City Commiſſioners Commons concerning Council Court created Crown Danger Deſign deſired Duke Earl endeavour England Evidence executed firſt Forces gave give given Government Hands Heir High himſelf Houſe John Judges Jury Juſtice King King James King's Kingdom land laſt late Laws Letter Liberties London Lord Majeſty Majeſty's March Matter mean meet ment Monmouth moſt muſt never Oates Officers Orange Orange's Papiſts Pardon Parliament particular Perſon Place Plot Popiſh Power preſent Prince Priſoner Proteſtant proved Queen raiſe received Reign Religion reſolved Right Royal ſaid ſame ſay Scotland ſent ſeveral Shaftsbury ſhall ſhould ſome ſuch taken themſelves theſe thing thoſe thought thouſand Throne tion Treaſon Trial uſe Whereupon Witneſſes York
390. oldal - That King James II., having endeavoured to subvert the constitution of the kingdom, by breaking the original contract between king and people ; and by the advice of Jesuits and other wicked persons, having violated the fundamental laws and having withdrawn himself out of the kingdom, has abdicated the government, and that the throne is thereby vacant.
429. oldal - ... and for default of such issue to the princess Anne of Denmark, and the heirs of her body ; and for default of such issue to the heirs of the body of the said Prince of Orange.
429. oldal - That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, that Princes excommunicated or deprived by the Pope, or any authority of the See of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever. And I do declare, That no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence, or authority ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm : So help me...
247. oldal - Richard, Richard, dost thou think we'll hear thee poison the court ? Richard, thou art an old fellow, an old knave ; thou hast written books enough to load a cart, every one as full of sedition, I might say treason, as an egg is full of meat.
424. oldal - By levying money for and to the use of the Crown by pretence of prerogative for other time and in other manner than the same was granted by Parliament; 5.
175. oldal - Wicked kings and tyrants ought to be put to death; and if the judges and inferior magistrates will not do their office, the power of the sword devolves to the people ; if the major part of the people refuse to exercise this power, then the ministers may excommunicate such a king; after which it is lawful for any of the subjects to kill him, as the people did Athaliah, and Jehu Jezebel.
426. oldal - M. ft. 2. c. 2. it is declared, that the pretended power of fufpending, or difpenfing with laws, or the execution of laws, by regal authority, without confent of parliament, is illegal.
426. oldal - January, in this year one thousand six hundred eighty and eight, in order to such an establishment, as that their religion, laws, and liberties might not again be in danger of being subverted ; upon which letters, elections have been accordingly made. And thereupon the said lords spiritual and temporal, and commons, pursuant to their respective letters and elections, being now assembled in a full and free...